Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 8th, 2024, 1:26pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RANS V26 for sale, Knoxville TN (Read 2373 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

RANS V26 for sale, Knoxville TN
Apr 18th, 2010, 6:52am

Got this on the RANS owners list:

My V2 Formula 26 is up for sale. This bike is flawless, clean as a pin, like a new bike. It's a 2006 model, and I've had it for almost exactly two years. I've put 2383 mi on it, and the previous owner if I recall correctly said he had put "about 750 mi on it." This bike is in near-pristine condition, a beautiful bike, no scratches or dings, only two very slight scuffs from putting a leg over the top tube, and a couple of very slight cable rubs where the housing contacts the frame. No chain slaps. The RANS clear-coated burnished aluminum finish is tremendous and the whole bike just shines.

This bike has much better componentry all around than the current similar low end 26/20 version reintroduced by RANS, or the stock 26/26 version now being built by a well known dealer and offered at nearly double the price.

Although this is a sweet ride and I've enjoyed it, I've recently acquired a V3 AL, so must let it go. I don't need two LWB bikes..

Price is $895. I'll contribute the packing, you pay the shipping. Will also entertain meeting a buyer within a reasonable driving distance of Knoxville, TN.

RANS V2 Formula 26, aluminum frame, XL size

RANS Zephyr seat with carbon fiber pan, std RANS pad for comfort

RANS B-32 riser, B-37 bars

175 mm Shimano 105 crank, 52-42-30 chainrings

SRAM 970 11-32 cassette

SRAM X-7 rear derailleur

Microshift front derailleur

SRAM X-7 shifters

Tektro Aquila disc brakes

Avid Speed Dial 7 levers

Alex DA-16 disc wheels

Continental Grand Prix 25-559 tires

A note on the brakes. When I first got it I was intent on changing out the Tektro's for BB-7's but I never had an issue with the Tektro's, they're smooth and quiet and perform extremely well, so never felt the need to upgrade.

The bike has recently been tuned and everything performs as it should. Pictures at: http://picasaweb.google.com/FeetFirstFella/V2Formula26ForSale#

Email me at: sully [at] esper [dot] com

Thanks,
Don

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print