Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 1:14pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How *not* to keep your R-12 alive (Read 373 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

How *not* to keep your R-12 alive
Mar 29th, 2010, 10:09am

I mean, sure you COULD do it this way, but I don't recommend it.

1.  First weekend in March get so sick it hurts to breathe and take antibiotics.
2.  Decide to help a friend out and crew the HC600 next weekend and then have to sub in and race last minute.
3.  Have the weather go completely nuts the thirs weekend, anticipating better weather.
4.  Decide to do a 300k and fall in gravel 39 miles in.  Have the guy behind you run over your wrist and foot and then wipe out himself.  Ride 38 miles back with yout cuts hanging into the horrible wind and stinging.
5.  Have no choice but to ride Poolville perdition (one of our toughest 200ks) the next day, feeling like your left side has been hit with a baseball bat and your lower back so torqued it hurts to stand.  Spend probably 100 miles straight into the wind, or with a sidewind wanting to knock you over.  Have the wind shift 1 mile after you finally turn out of it.  Oh, and most importantly, leave your water bottle 3 miles back DOWNHILL so you can climb the same tough hill into the screaming wind twice.

Well, I made it - barely.  I was almost late for the lipan control - that's how windy it was.  The first 5 miles or so were fine and then we turned towards lipan and I spend the next 80 miles in the easiest three gears of my middle ring because that's all I could turn in the wind - even downhill.  I knew I was in trouble when I was in my little ring with only one gear left before I even began Cherry Pie Hill.

Pooleville is tough even on a good day - it rivals Spanish Fort for climbing and has much rougher roads.  On a day like yesterday, it was a suffer fest.  Tell me why we do this again?   Smiley

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
shellenefoster

rbent member

Re: How *not* to keep your R-12 alive
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2010, 1:45pm

Oh my gosh!!!  I'm so sorry.  

I was in bad shape needing a 200k before the end of the month, but I lucked out and rode Yantis on Thursday.  It was windy and my tendons were not happy with me at all, but it was hundreds of times better than what you just suffered!  

Here's hoping that you heal very quickly!
Shellene

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print