Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 10th, 2024, 9:22am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Terry's modified cog set (Read 509 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Terry's modified cog set
Mar 1st, 2010, 8:20am

Quote from jayg on Feb 17th, 2010, 6:30pm:
Quote from MrOverdressed on Feb 17th, 2010, 2:53pm:
 Plus I will also include a custom geared 9 speed cassette, made from SRAM PG970 gear cogs.    Jay seems to like the custom set that I had on the XStream.  On Jay's cassette I removed a few of the larger cogs and I also removed the 12T and added more mid range cogs for more cruising-speed options on flat land.    Think of it as a cruising cassette with an over drive gear (11T) for down-hill and bail out gears for up steep hills.    Smiley  

Terry,

For me, the single-step, mid-range cogs you have added improve the rideabiliy of the bike. I really like the way it rides. My other bikes are jealous, because I've been riding only the X Stream.  Smiley

Jay G.

This sounds interesting...  What are the specifics on this set, through the nine gears?   I've got an 11-28 on mine, and tweaking the middle range may be something worth doing.

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Terry's modified cog set
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2010, 9:23am

Tooth count of individual cogs is as follows: 30, 24, 20, 18, 16, 15, 14, 13, 11. Right now I'm having trouble getting the derailleur to shift the chain to the 30 tooth cog as I enter a steep hill. Down shifts fine on the test stand and going slow on the flats. Going to have to play with the derailleur some more.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print