Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 9th, 2024, 1:23pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spinergy Rev-X Carbon Aero Wheels.  $300 (Read 4733 times)
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Spinergy Rev-X Carbon Aero Wheels.  $300
Feb 12th, 2010, 2:17pm

For Sale Spinergy Rev-X Carbon Aero Wheels, outfitted with 23mm Michelin Pro2 racing tires.  Clincher type, Size 650C.  These wheels look cool and make your bike go faster.   Local pick up available.  If your out of the North Texas area, then after payment I will box up the item and weight it and let you know the shipping charges.  I charge the actual shipping charges only, there will be no charges for my expert boxing of the wheels.  $300 + Shipping.  

Call me (Terry) at 469-853-4015

« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2010, 2:17pm by MrOverdressed »  

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Re: Spinergy Rev-X Carbon Aero Wheels.  $300
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2010, 6:49pm

Any idea the wheel weight?  Doesn't look like you're including skewers or casette?  I'd like to get Angie an extra wheel set for her V3 Ti.  

Make me a special deal, and I might bite.

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2010, 7:43pm

Quote from bikerteam on Feb 12th, 2010, 6:49pm:
Any idea the wheel weight?  Doesn't look like you're including skewers or casette?  I'd like to get Angie an extra wheel set for her V3 Ti.  

I have someone from bentrider biting on this.  BUT if the deal fallas apart ....

I have some extra Skewers to include.  But if you want some high-end areo titanium skewers I could come up with a price.  I have several SRAM PG970 cassettes that I mix/match together for custom cassette gearing.  I could put one together for you.

Ill keep you posted ...

« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2010, 7:47pm by MrOverdressed »  

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2010, 7:55pm

Quote from MrOverdressed on Feb 12th, 2010, 7:43pm:
Quote from bikerteam on Feb 12th, 2010, 6:49pm:

I have someone from bentrider biting on this.  BUT if the deal fallas apart ....

I have some extra Skewers to include.  But if you want some titanium skewers I could come up with a price.  I have several SRAM PG970 cassettes that I mix/match together for custom cassette gearing.  I could put one together for you.

Ill keep you posted.

Terry,

I have an identical set of wheels. Regarding the weight question - The front wheel bare weight is 907 grams +/- 28 grams. The rear wheel bare weight is 1049 grams +/- 28 grams.

Jay G.  

Email   IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2010, 8:01pm

The wheel have a nice solid feel and are noticeably more aero.  I could tell a big difference on my Barron.

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
Hurricane Dan

Boom chika wow
wow...

Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2010, 8:49pm

What the dealy-yo? Sold or not sold?

Happiness is riding home into the sunset.
Email   IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Feb 17th, 2010, 2:53pm

The out-of-state fellow changed his mind.   So the Rev-X wheel-set is available for purchase.   These Carbon wheels really do make a noticeable difference, especially when your hammering (good power transfer) and/or cruising above 20mph (areo profile).  

For my local recumbent brothers (and sisters), Im willing to add a few extras:  A Skewer set, either a 135mm or 140mm rear (with 100mm front) skewers.  Plus I will also include a custom geared 9 speed cassette, made from SRAM PG970 gear cogs.    Jay seems to like the custom set that I had on the XStream.  On Jay's cassette I removed a few of the larger cogs and I also removed the 12T and added more mid range cogs for more cruising-speed options on flat land.    Think of it as a cruising cassette with an over drive gear (11T) for down-hill and bail out gears for up steep hills.    Smiley  

« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2010, 3:20pm by MrOverdressed »  

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Feb 17th, 2010, 6:30pm

Quote from MrOverdressed on Feb 17th, 2010, 2:53pm:
The out-of-state fellow changed his mind.   So the Rev-X wheel-set is available for purchase.   These Carbon wheels really do make a noticeable difference, especially when your hammering (good power transfer) and/or cruising above 20mph (areo profile).

For my local recumbent brothers (and sisters), Im willing to add a few extras:  A Skewer set, either a 135mm or 140mm rear (with 100mm front) skewers.  Plus I will also include a custom geared 9 speed cassette, made from SRAM PG970 gear cogs.    Jay seems to like the custom set that I had on the XStream.  On Jay's cassette I removed a few of the larger cogs and I also removed the 12T and added more mid range cogs for more cruising-speed options on flat land.    Think of it as a cruising cassette with an over drive gear (11T) for down-hill and bail out gears for up steep hills.    Smiley  

Terry,

For me, the single-step, mid-range cogs you have added improve the rideabiliy of the bike. I really like the way it rides. My other bikes are jealous, because I've been riding only the X Stream.  Smiley

Jay G.

Email   IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #8 - Feb 20th, 2010, 8:43am

The wheels are available.  Contact me if interested.  My phone number is 469-853-4015.  Smiley

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #9 - Mar 1st, 2010, 1:53am

The wheels are gone.  Smiley

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged