Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 10th, 2024, 1:23am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS:  RANS StratusXP (Read 616 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

FS:  RANS StratusXP
Jan 31st, 2010, 4:25pm

Due to various circumstances, it appears to be time for me to part with my StratusXP (XL Frame size)...

As you can see, it doesn't have the "chopper bar" handlebar setup -- instead it has the "TEE" style that is featured on the Titanium StratusXP model, which brings the hands a little closer and isn't as "flexy" as the choppers.  I still have a chopper bar set, which I'll throw in if you like.  Computer is the Cateye Mity 8.

It's been well taken care of, and is actually a 2008 steel frame with an upgrade to a Chris King headset, both with a lifetime warranty.

Rear cassette and chain were replaced last year, plenty of life left, no worries...

Wheels are Alex DA16s, respoked by Plano Cycling, and have been bombproof.  The seat is the standard RANS seat, but I also have a "carbon seat pan" version that can be swapped for if you like.  Greenfield kickstand.  This is an excellent machine, with a real Cadillac ride and excellent stability and comfort.  And it'll haul, A**, too -- I averaged 20 mph at this year's HHH100.  But it's also a very nice all-purpose ride, for casual cruising or work or errand commuting.

Price is $1300...  By comparison, a new one is running $2195, PLUS tax, PLUS shipping.  Plus computer.  Plus pedals.   It's available to test ride, and I will deliver locally.  Can ya help a brutha out?   Smiley  I'd like to see it kept "in the RBENT family," but I'm going to post it on the GDB board, as well...

Call me at 214 923 9551, or email at  pbacoustic@gmail.com

« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2010, 6:57am by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: FS:  RANS StratusXP
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2010, 2:46pm

Bike is SOLD....  enjoy the ride, Thomas!!!   Smiley

For the time being, I'll be doing my riding on my wife's StratusXP, since she rarely has time to ride during the school year...

« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2010, 3:12pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print