Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 1:16pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LSR 1/23 200K and 300K (Read 561 times)
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

LSR 1/23 200K and 300K
Jan 24th, 2010, 11:12am

Despite being a very wet day I had a good ride on the barcroft for the 200K.  With the rain and wind I felt cold enough to wear what normally would be required by temperatures 20 degrees lower.  The bike is a mess today, and I about ready to go clean it up, but the fender setup performed great and I stayed very clean.  I rode the last few hours with Jeff Elmer and he unfortunately did not have fenders and ended up pretty gnarly.  Dinosaur hill is the biggest test on this route, and steeper than anything I've climbed up to this point on the barcroft.  I got a lesson in traction control trying to maintain smooth power to the road without slipping the FWD.  Despite dropping to 4mph to keep the slippage to a minimum I chugged right up and over, but that really is about the limit of grade I think the barcroft can go up.  Steve, Peggy, Greg, Daniel, and Sharon all were riding a sane paced 300 and seemed in great spirits, with all but Sharon on Hi-Racers, and the Meyers were there on there RANS Seavo, so a good bent turnout.  I felt better than I've felt for a ride over a 100 miles on the barcoft, but the jury is still out on whether I can make it my full time rando bike,  The 300K in Febuary will be a test.

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: LSR 1/23 200K and 300K
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2010, 12:12pm

I dunno what Nelson is talking about.  It was all nlue skies and warm sun on the 300k!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2010, 9:01am

And congrats to Dan Schaaf, who completed his first 300K as a recumbent rider!!!!!

...and apparently used the granny gear for the first time, at some point....   Smiley

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2010, 9:52am

He came through like a trooper. I know he was worried about doing the distance on the bent and he had a headache all day long, but he finished right along with the rest of us.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print