Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 10th, 2024, 7:19am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ADEM Headrest (Read 1192 times)
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

ADEM Headrest
Jan 18th, 2010, 9:04am

For those who have a ADEM-2 Headrest.
Quote:
I try to listen and respond to people's requests and over the last year, the most common request has been for a more comfortable pad on the ADEM 2 headrest. In response, I have developed a new pad made from ZoteFoam, a durable closed cell material used for athletic equipment and medical products, among other things. In addition, I have mounted the pad in rubber grommets so it floats and readily aligns to the user's neck. These changes alone produced a very comfortable ride and the ZoteFoam "Sport" pad will be standard on ADEM 2 headrests. Since I recognize that some people make more extensive use of the headrest, I added an even more comfortable pad, the "LX" which is available as an upgrade option. The LX has much of its inside material removed to form a large hollow cavity. This makes the LX more compliant and it absorbs more road shock.
Both the Sport and LX pads are also available for upgrading a previously purchased ADEM 2 headrest. Under the ADEM Store tab, select the Upgrade/Update Center to purchase the new pads.
Shortly, I will also begin shipping the ADEM 2 with Black anodized aluminum parts. I believe that will be the final touch to make it a quality bicycle accessory. When I receive the anodized parts, I will also make those available as an upgrade.
Also, if you know anyone still riding an older, Original ADEM headrest, please pass this on. I would like everyone to enjoy the unique features of the ADEM 2 headrest. To make that easier, I am offering a $30 discount on future purchases of the ADEM 2 or 2C when you return your older "original" ADEM headrests to me. See the web site for details.
Thanks for your support,
Don

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Re: ADEM Headrest
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2010, 9:48pm

I ordered one. It took about fifteen minutes to remove the old cushion and install the new one.

It is a 100% improvement.  I have only ridden it 40 miles so far but I can feel a world of difference.

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: ADEM Headrest
Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2010, 2:13pm

Much thanks for the tip!

« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2010, 2:13pm by MrOverdressed »  

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl