Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 9th, 2024, 3:26pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
406 Wheel Covers from Cabelas? (Read 2717 times)
evblazer
Five Star Member

Restricted from
Riding Long Distance
or Hills

406 Wheel Covers from Cabelas?
Jan 12th, 2010, 10:02am

While researching a python I found a link to wheel covers someone had tried for their 406 wheels and they thought the covers were nice but a little heavy. They aren't meant for cycling they are meant to keep branches out of some kind of spokes wheelbarrow that cabelas sells so they don't list the weight.
$24.99 + tax/shipping for 406 wheel covers? *shrug* they can't be that bad right? Oh well I guess I'll find out in a few days. Maybe I can glue some mylar on them and make them nice and shiney  Smiley

I came really close to getting some of those kids bike bmx spinners that go inside the spokes just to look silly on the social ride but they were soooo heavy and I had this feeling they would break on some downhill get caught in my spokes and cause a really nice youtube video event if the person behind me had a camera.

Mark Hastings
Hurricane & Oregon - Need to lose weight to ride, I hate my new meds Sad
Merlin Road - Short distance speed bike
Fuji Touring Xtracycle Shopping Hauler Bike
  IP Logged
evblazer
Five Star Member

Restricted from
Riding Long Distance
or Hills

Re: 406 Wheel Covers from Cabelas?
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2010, 10:15am

Pics on a trike from BROL

THey look pretty shiney by themselves.. hm and I read mention of people useing them as a mold to make lighter ones so they could be worth it for that alone.

« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2010, 10:20am by evblazer »  

Mark Hastings
  IP Logged
evblazer
Five Star Member

Restricted from
Riding Long Distance
or Hills

Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2010, 12:31pm

Argh!
I just got them and they have a huge cabellas lettering on them.. Not a sticker but a 3"x6" plastic raised molded in letters.. Oh well they go on the hurricane tonight so we'll see how they work. They are seriously shiny though.

I think I'll try them on the velocity rims I have and see if they fit a bit better then the unknown ultra heavy rims I have that came from teh hurricane factory.

« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2010, 12:56pm by evblazer »  

Mark Hastings
  IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2010, 7:35pm

Quote from evblazer on Jan 12th, 2010, 10:02am:
While researching a python I found a link to wheel covers someone had tried for their 406 wheels and they thought the covers were nice but a little heavy. They aren't meant for cycling they are meant to keep branches out of some kind of spokes wheelbarrow that cabelas sells so they don't list the weight.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/Item/22/60/79/i226079sq01.jpg $24.99 + tax/shipping for 406 wheel covers? *shrug* they can't be that bad right? Oh well I guess I'll find out in a few days. Maybe I can glue some mylar on them and make them nice and shiney  Smiley

I came really close to getting some of those kids bike bmx spinners that go inside the spokes just to look silly on the social ride but they were soooo heavy and I had this feeling they would break on some downhill get caught in my spokes and cause a really nice youtube video event if the person behind me had a camera.

I'd like to see you ride using that tire Smiley

IP Logged
evblazer
Five Star Member

Restricted from
Riding Long Distance
or Hills

Reply #4 - Jan 16th, 2010, 10:28pm

I think I was come to think of it

Mark Hastings