Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 18th, 2024, 11:00pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LSR (Read 973 times)
Rawhide

rbent member

LSR
Dec 28th, 2009, 3:20pm

I sent off a check today to join Lone Star Randonneurs.  Am I gonna have to join RUSA too?  DJ

D J Boyd
Bacchetta Carbon Corsa
Bacchetta Corsa
Rans Rocket GL63
Vision R40
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: LSR
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2009, 5:33pm

Quote from Rawhide on Dec 28th, 2009, 3:20pm:
I sent off a check today to join Lone Star Randonneurs.  Am I gonna have to join RUSA too?  DJ

DJ,

Yes, to ride anything longer than populaires, you have to be a RUSA member, too. Welcome to randonneuring, and I'll look forward to seeing you on LSR rides!

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pedalin` Peggy

rbent member

Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2009, 9:42pm

Yeh Smiley DJ looking forward to riding with you again.  
                       Pedalin Peggy

'07 Strada
  IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2009, 9:08am

Quote from Rawhide on Dec 28th, 2009, 3:20pm:

DJ, very cool. Congratulations & welcome to Randonneuring. It's been too long since we've ridden together & I'm looking forward to seeing you at brevet ,permanent, or populaire. Now you have a whole new set words to learn. You will be a great addition to the group. This group is very welcoming to new riders & as Brain Mckenney has stated,"LSR means Lone Star Recumbents."

And by the picture I posted of poor Bud during a permanent this past summer, despite the conditions, we like to have fun on these rides.  

Word of caution, be careful about allowing our regional brevet administrator(aka the cult leader)-Dan Driscoll to set your 2010 LSR goals.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
AustinSkater

Reply #4 - Dec 30th, 2009, 6:11am

Welcome to Lone Star Recumbents.   Smiley

You do not have to be a member of RUSA to ride the Brevets, but to ride the Permanents you must be.  Of course, the opposite is also true, a member of RUSA who is not part of LSR can ride the Permanents, but not the local Brevets.  If you decide to ride Brevets in Austin or Houston you'll also have to join their groups.  With LSR itself a lot of the Permanents have as many riders as some groups Brevets.  If you want to actually accumulate "k"s then you do need to be a member of RUSA, and collecting "k"s is fun!  Confused yet?

As for letting Danimal set your goals, he doesn't create goals that cannot be attained, but to attain them you may end up spending sleepless nights on your bike.  

« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2009, 6:11am by AustinSkater »  

Bryan
---------------------------
Shellene's is yellow, mine is too.
  IP Logged
shellenefoster

rbent member

Reply #5 - Dec 30th, 2009, 7:07pm

Welcome to the "Dark Side" DJ!  Can't wait to ride with you Cheesy  Will we be seeing you on New Year's Day?
Shellene

IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #6 - Dec 30th, 2009, 8:17pm

Have you got clipless pedals yet?  Not that you need em - you're fast enough as it is.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Rawhide

rbent member

Reply #7 - Dec 30th, 2009, 8:25pm

Thanks all!  Will miss the New Year's ride.  Heading down to the ranch tomorrow.  Greg, clipless pedals may be real soon.  I really need to pull the trigger on that.  Everybody have a happy and safe New Year!  DJ

D J Boyd
Bacchetta Carbon Corsa
Bacchetta Corsa
Rans Rocket GL63
Vision R40
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print