Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 18th, 2024, 11:00pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kenneth Bain Sentencing (Read 1008 times)
Bud_Bent

Kenneth Bain Sentencing
Dec 19th, 2009, 11:13pm

Kenneth Bain, the driver who killed the two cyclists near Joe Pool Lake last year, was sentenced on Thursday. He'll spend two years in jail, then serve 10 years probation. During each of the probation years, he'll spend 18 days in jail, including some days at Christmas time, and during each cyclist's birthday. Here's a link to the Fox News video: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/man-pleads-guilty-to-cycling-deaths

« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2009, 11:20pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Lrodshy57

rbent member

Re: Kenneth Bain Sentencing
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2009, 10:27am

I am sure you have heard the old saying .."it's NOT what you know, but, WHO you know"! My youngest niece just finished her credits to teach at college. Most of her classes were on scholarshpis (because of grood grads). Yet she has NOT been able to find a permanet position! Yes, I am awear of econamy and layed-off executives.

I recall from news article about several 'respected' witneses testifying in his behalf, believe one one was either 'friend of mayor or police connection'. "First time offender", "No criminal history" and several similar comments were mentioned. That only means 'never been caught before during any of his (no doubt) past criminal behavior. Do you think he was a 'saint' before this deadly incounter? Do you think this was just the very first time he used drugs and alcohol? Yeah! Right!

In past few years, several convics have been freed because of "dna"evidence, yet, some say they are not angry or vindictive at system! Why not?  
Simple, some have devloped a concious and realise they have been guilty of other un-known (by police) crimes and this may be GOD's way of punishing them! Too bad some were never guilty of other crimes, but, got convicted anyway.

Wonder why no other comments on this matter  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Kenneth Bain Sentencing
Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2010, 2:39am

Because my computer was down last month (and forever more, I'm on a borrowed computer now), that's why there were no other comments. And in this case it was because prosecutors rarely go after deadly drivers with the enthusiasim required when they kill cyclists. At least they got a conviction.

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print