Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 11:18am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Honey D0-201k permanent (Read 528 times)
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Honey D0-201k permanent
Nov 21st, 2009, 6:44pm

Bryan, Shellene, & myself rode Honey DO permanent this morning. I arrived in Princeton a little after 6:30(for a 7:00am start) to see Bryan already in the parking lot(what a surprise) ,ready to go. Bryan surprised me by telling me Shellene was riding with us as well(originally, Shellene was riding the 300k in Willow Park, but like us, decided on a shorter distance to the ride start).

It's always a pleasure & joy to ride with these guys. I need to do it more.

We rolled out right at 7:00. This is an out & back route from Princeton to Honey Grove. The ride goes through Farmersville, Merit,Celeste(2nd control), Wolfe City, Ladonia , & Honey Grove(Control #3-turnaround), I found the road surface from Celeste to Wolfe City pretty tough(BOULDERSEAL). We all rode together, sharing stories & laughing. We arrived in Honey Grove, Bryan mentioned that he was suffering some soreness from Das Huegel last Saturday & he was going to sit down at the control for awhile.

He told me to go on. I took advantage of the little tailwind to head back the same we came. Back through the boulderseal in Wolfe City to Celeste(Ugh), a fast stop at the control in Celeste. I went to call Bryan & check his progress. Oops, I forgot to charge my iphone  last night. No calling now. 30 miles to go. I've ridden this route before, but I had forgotten the rollers in the last 30 miles are more than enough to get my attention. Nothing horrible, it seemed regular up & down for the last 30 miles.  

During the last miles, I was starting to fatigue. More little rollers. I finished with an overall time of 7 hrs-50 minutes(17.45mph avg). Bryan & Shellene were not far behind. These two are such strong riders.So much for those guys taking it easy.  

It was a fun day. I thoroughly enjoyed the time with Bryan & Shellene. The weather liars(forecasters) missed the forecast again. We had no rain on our ride. Temp at the start was 53, with no wind. The payment was wet in the morning(form humidity & early rain), but the last 20 miles or so were ridden in complete sun. I was getting toasty in my wool sweater.  

Thanks again to Bryan & Shellene for riding with me & changing their plan from Willow Park to Honey Do. Overall, I like this route, there are some rough sections, but hey, this randonnuering. You gotta expect some obstacles along the way . It makes the ride just that much more satisfying when you're done.

I celebrated my ride by having a Mark Metcalfe ice cream at the final control. See what you started Mark?But, I have to say, it did hit the spot(and it wasn't even Hagen Das).

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
shellenefoster

rbent member

Re: Honey D0-201k permanent
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2009, 6:59pm

Great ride with great company!

I made the mistake of not having enough calories the 12 hrs before the ride, and the ride out to Honey Grove was slow and painful!  But, after a big breakfast burito at the gas station, my body decided to forgive me and let me pick up the pace.  

Nothing very fast from me today, but it was great to get to ride with Steve since we hadn't had that opportunity in a while.  Good for Bryan to have someone different to visit with Cheesy

Hopefully we can get a few people out for Peggy's 200k next weekend, see y'all then,
Shellene

IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Re: Honey D0-201k permanent
Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2009, 7:42pm

Shellene , the wheels are in motion(pun intended) for next Saturday. We're looking forward to a nice ride,good route, & great company next Saturday(wherever it may be).

I will be riding with Peggy at a comfortable pace. We would enjoy some more company.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print