Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 1st, 2024, 8:38am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dorky low quality video (Read 1517 times)
Hurricane Dan

Boom chika wow
wow...

Dorky low quality video
Nov 8th, 2009, 6:57pm

So it's probably way too late but what the heck.  I tried to record some of the clown ride on the 5th (John's B-Day) but didn't get hardly any footage because stupid me forgot to put the camera on to charge.  What I did get, I threw together in a video but then YouTube killed the audio because it didn't believe I had the right to use it, so I had to redo it with some cheesy, royalty free music found on the web.  I've spent the last two days trying to upload it several times but kept getting failed attempts.  And all that for a dorky, low quality video shot with a $40 "spy" cam.  Pretty insane.  For those actually insane enough to waste time watching it, here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3nsgrBkUAU

Happiness is riding home into the sunset.
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Dorky low quality video
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2009, 8:59pm

Nice editing job, Dan.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2009, 9:45pm

Dan,
cool video.
John

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2009, 8:03pm

Quote from Hurricane Dan on Nov 8th, 2009, 6:57pm:
So it's probably way too late but what the heck.  I tried to record some of the clown ride on the 5th (John's B-Day) but didn't get hardly any footage because stupid me forgot to put the camera on to charge.  What I did get, I threw together in a video but then YouTube killed the audio because it didn't believe I had the right to use it, so I had to redo it with some cheesy, royalty free music found on the web.  I've spent the last two days trying to upload it several times but kept getting failed attempts.  And all that for a dorky, low quality video shot with a $40 "spy" cam.  Pretty insane.  For those actually insane enough to waste time watching it, here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3nsgrBkUAU

Strange, I never had any problem uploading video or having anything rejected because of audio rights

IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2009, 8:21am

Dang cool video Dan. I am sorry I missed John's birthday. John how old are you now?!!? HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!!

RichardC

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2009, 11:54am

That software did you use to edit the video?

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2009, 1:44pm

Quote:
John how old are you now?!!?

Older than dirt.

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
Hurricane Dan

Boom chika wow
wow...

Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2009, 10:30pm

My understanding is, the usage rights on YouTube is a recent change.  If the material you have is encoded with any kind of copyright, the audio will be muted until you prove you have the right to use it.  Which sucks, because I've watched a lot of hilarious song and movie parodies, and that is really no longer possible unless you want to pay royalties.

As for the software, it was just Windows Movie Maker.  It came bundled with the laptop when I bought it about four years ago.  Sad thing is, it's better in many ways than a dedicated piece of equipment I had about seven years ago that cost me $2000 (and twice as intuitive).

Happiness is riding home into the sunset.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print