Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 3rd, 2024, 7:50pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Springtown t-shirt Ride (Read 315 times)
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Springtown t-shirt Ride
Oct 24th, 2009, 8:42pm

Angie and I rode in the 2nd annual Springtown t-shirt ride today.  I've never ridden in this area and didn't know what to expect. It took exactly an hour to get there from our house in Flower Mound taking 114 all the way to just past Boyd, then south on highway 51 to Springtown.

There were ~300 riders. Angie needed to get home around 1pm, so she opted for the 20 miler.  I rode the 40 miler so she wouldn't have to wait too long for me at the finish.

Angie's Garmin showed ~1473' of climbing in 20 miles.  That's significantly more than TTTT.  The 40 miler was tough.  There were multiple climbs which were at least 3 miles long, and 7 or more descents where I exceeded 40mph.  The route is twisty and rollers all the way baby.  It took me 2.5 hours total time to do the 40 miles, with one stop.  

This would be a great area for an LSR ride with the open roads, only traffic light at the beginning, and hills, hills, hills.  I briefly saw Shanna Armstrong.  She did the 100 miles, so I never saw her again after the start.  Very good free BBQ and grilled chicken sandwiches (and all the fixin's) at the finish.

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print