Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 11:19am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Katy Trail Tour, Missouri (Read 496 times)
Cookie

rbent member

Katy Trail Tour, Missouri
Oct 12th, 2009, 5:29pm

Sorry about the slow update on the Katy Trail Ride.  Smiley
There were only 4 clowns that did the tour. Jim, Montie, Ken and myself (Jerry). We left here (Sachse) on Sept. 25 headed to Clinton,Mo.
We started our ride on a beautiful Saturday morning and had great weather all week. The last day Friday Oct. 1, we got up to rain but by 1 pm we were able to complete our trip to St Charles, Mo.
The trail is what they call " rail to trail". It is an old railroad line where they have removed the rail and ties. The surface is ground up limestone. The trail is basically flat from beginning to end (225 Miles). With the flat rough surface and soft surface at time, we had to peddle from start of day to end of day. Only able to average about 7 to 8 mpr each day. What takes use 3 to 4 hrs. to do around White Rock Lake took use all day long.
We all had a great time and saw some pretty country. There were no injury and no flat tires.
NEXT YEAR: Something to be thinking about. There is some talk about doing the Natchez Trace next year . Smiley

Here are a few of the pictures taken on the trip.
Start:

Me

Montie

Jim and Ken

Trail

Trail

150 MS Tour, Sedalia, Mo.

Tunnel

Missouri River

Missouri River

Old Rail bridge on trail

Riding from Washington DC to West Coast

THE END

« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2009, 5:49pm by Cookie »  

Cookie
Use to walk but Now I ride
2007 Rans Stratus XP

Bent in Granbury
Email   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Katy Trail Tour, Missouri
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2009, 10:36am

Thanks for posting.  I've been wondering how the trail was especially regarding the flats.  Looks like the ride was "good time" and the scenery is beautiful. The Natchez Trace would be a great ride as well --no crushed limestone to slow you down.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print