Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 9th, 2024, 12:19pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
X-Stream idler (Read 763 times)
oumed

rbent member

X-Stream idler
Jul 28th, 2009, 1:43pm

I just ordered a replacement idler from TerraCycle for the X-Stream.  They have two versions available, Sport and Team.  Since I haven't been invited to ride on any RAAM or TTT teams I decided to order the Sport version for about half the price of the Team.  Here's an interesting story about the stock idlers on the Rans RAAM Team X-Streams:

http://www.bentrideronline.com/?p=2139

If anyone is interested in ordering a TerraCycle replacement idler you'll need to call them.  They don't have them listed on the website yet.

Trey

IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: X-Stream idler
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2009, 3:59pm

Yes, the original idler was definitely not up to snuff...  I chewed up the one on the prototype pretty well, and one of the RAAM guys wore completely through his!!!

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
irodguy

rbent member

Re: X-Stream idler
Reply #2 - Aug 11th, 2009, 10:33pm

I installed my team idler yesterday.  The difference in noise is amazing.  The original idler was a noisy beast plus it's other issues.  The new idler makes the drive team feel more solid and cuts the noise by 90+%.   There is still just a slight noise that might be the teeth on the chain.  I am going to put the bike on the trainer tomorrow and get Marci to do some spinning.

I ordered the team, figuring that if I am already spending 80+ shipping,  the extra money is not that big a deal.

Next purchase will be it's own ventisit,  just easier than switching off with the Strada.

2008 Rans V-Rex
2009 Rans X-stream
2008 Bacchetta Strada
2008 Catrike Expedition Neon Lime Green
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print