Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 7:17am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
30 miles on a Cruzbike Sofrider (Read 762 times)
evblazer
Five Star Member

Restricted from
Riding Long Distance
or Hills

30 miles on a Cruzbike Sofrider
Jul 18th, 2009, 12:19pm

So just over 5000 miles and my hydraulic brakes blowout on my hurricane so I'm forced into riding my testing bike.
I got the Cruzbike SOfrider to test out a fwd, moving bottom bracket and a higher seat again.  Also with the rear triangle I can mount my xtracycle kit on it which will keep the rear gears and the chain out from under the cargo area.  
So after after about 3 separate ride attempts and 2 miles nearly getting thrown off of it at every turn, stop or bump in the road I think I finally managed to ride it straight the other day when I rode it to pick up my wife.  
I took it on the local social ride today and it went pretty well. Stayed in the back most of the time because it was still a bit wobbly but I was able to keep up even with some of the steep hills. Didn't even fall back too far when they start up hills and I had to struggle to get going.
The moving bottom bracket isn't much of a problem on a short 30 mile ride so that was good.
The handlebars on the bike and especially the rapid fire shifters under the handlebars are a real problem because they bang my legs and they take too much throw to get them to click into the next gear but so it goes with an cheap old prototype bike based on a walmart mtb I guess.
The seat is far from a large challenge seat as it barely comes halfway up my back digging in a bit. I'll have to see if I can get used to it but I really don't think it'll be good for longer rides unless I strengthen my core alot. Sure ain't like riding a recliner  undecided

« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2009, 12:19pm by evblazer »  

Mark Hastings
Hurricane & Oregon - Need to lose weight to ride, I hate my new meds Sad
Merlin Road - Short distance speed bike
Fuji Touring Xtracycle Shopping Hauler Bike
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: 30 miles on a Cruzbike Sofrider
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2009, 4:34pm

Got photos?

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2009, 7:30pm

Quote from evblazer on Jul 18th, 2009, 12:19pm:
So just over 5000 miles and my hydraulic brakes blowout on my hurricane so I'm forced into riding my testing bike.

5000 miles and the brakes blowout? What brand?

IP Logged
evblazer
Five Star Member

Restricted from
Riding Long Distance
or Hills

Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2009, 7:53pm

Quote from mleuck on Jul 18th, 2009, 7:30pm:
Quote from evblazer on Jul 18th, 2009, 12:19pm:

5000 miles and the brakes blowout? What brand?

I'm not sure how many miles the bike has on it total as I'm the 4th owner but they are magura move hydro rim brakes. I'm hoping it is just the crossover hose that cracked or got pulled out and not the caliper that rotted out.  

I rode to pickup my wife tonight then over to the movies followed by riding over to ZPizza. The bike seems pretty natural to ride now with only starting on inclines giving me trouble.

« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2009, 7:54pm by evblazer »  

Mark Hastings
Hurricane & Oregon - Need to lose weight to ride, I hate my new meds Sad
Merlin Road - Short distance speed bike
Fuji Touring Xtracycle Shopping Hauler Bike
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print