Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 9:17am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Almost humorous, but not. (Read 458 times)
Hurricane Dan

Boom chika wow
wow...

Almost humorous, but not.
Jul 17th, 2009, 12:10pm

I needed to get in 48 miles today.  Ended up with 54.3 with a 15.4 mph average, 3.5 hours riding, 4 actual hours.  Went from Frisco, down to White Rock Lake and back.  I went down on the bridge between Anderson-Bonner and that little park just north.  Those wooden boards were so slick I fell down again just trying to strand up.  I couldn't even get traction with my shoes.  I got up, pushed the bike to the side and was just checking the damage when I heard a loud WOMP! right behind me.  I turned around just in time to see a DFer sliding down the bridge.  Not much I could do, so I made sure he got up alright and went on about my way.  I never saw him again so I can only assume he broke something.  Hope not, but I can't see any other reason he didn't pass me unless he was hurt, but he didn't seem to be. Smiley I went on down, but even being careful, I almost lost it a couple more times with the mud on the trail.  It was pretty bad, just enough rain to wet everything down, but not enough to wash anything off.  All in all, it was a nice ride though, and BEAUTIFUL weather.

Happiness is riding home into the sunset.
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Almost humorous, but not.
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2009, 1:28pm

Due to a previous fall, I know you were already a member of the White Rock Trail Mud Butt Club. I received my initiation about a month ago. Now, after it has rained, I only ride my trike on the Trail.

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Almost humorous, but not.
Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2009, 2:31pm

You've DEFINITELY got to watch yourself on those wooden slat bridges...  You're not the first, you won't be the last....

( "Mud Butt Club"... )  Grin Cheesy

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print