Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 14th, 2024, 12:10pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PBA Popsicle 06/09 (Read 1345 times)
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

PBA Popsicle 06/09
Jun 10th, 2009, 1:02am

I had a nice time tonight riding with Bryan and Shellene at the back of the B group.  I was short on time, and at the third stop for flats / mechanicals I rolled back to the start with Shellene.  Seems like a good ride, and doing the group thing definitely gets my heart rate places it hasn't been in awhile.

I finished up the roll in the YashicaMat with a pre-ride shot of Bryan and Shellene:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nelson_ralls/3612531503/in/photostream/

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: PBA Popsicle 06/09
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2009, 3:36pm

Sorry I couldn't make it out last night - I had planned to, but domesticity got in the way...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2009, 3:52pm

I intend to try and make it a semi-regular thing on Tuesdays.  I need the higher speed workout for sure.  Domesticity definitely takes precedence, and last night was a bit wonky with the starts and stops.  Still it was fun hitting 40mph on Los Rios!  The only other place I've touched the 40's in Plano is over on Windhaven.

See Ya next week hopefully,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
shellenefoster

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2009, 3:56pm

It was great to have Nelson there.  Paul, we missed seeing you.

Last night had tons of stops, and I hadn't encountered that before.  I was overjoyed to ride back to the start with Nelson, since my legs were shot and it let us ride without the extended mechanical stops that the group was making.  Ended up a little shorter than I thought, but I'm sure my legs appreciated that.  Hopefully the legs will be better on Thursday night.  One day, I'm gonna develop some of those 'bent legs that everybody keeps talking about......It's kinda depressing to finish a ride with a great energy level but the legs are just refusing to work anymore.  

Shellene

IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2009, 9:40pm

Quote from shellenefoster on Jun 10th, 2009, 3:56pm:
It was great to have Nelson there.  Paul, we missed seeing you.

Last night had tons of stops, and I hadn't encountered that before.  I was overjoyed to ride back to the start with Nelson, since my legs were shot and it let us ride without the extended mechanical stops that the group was making.  Ended up a little shorter than I thought, but I'm sure my legs appreciated that.  Hopefully the legs will be better on Thursday night.  One day, I'm gonna develop some of those 'bent legs that everybody keeps talking about......It's kinda depressing to finish a ride with a great energy level but the legs are just refusing to work anymore.  

Shellene

Shellene, every time I see/ride with you, I can tell your are getting stronger & stronger. Those 'bent legs are coming,quickly. Sorry I couldn't make the ride, Austin got in the way.  

Let me know if you're planning to ride next Tuesday.

-Steve

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
AustinSkater

Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2009, 9:57pm

Quote from Killer Bee on Jun 11th, 2009, 9:40pm:

Shellene, every time I see/ride with you, I can tell your are getting stronger & stronger. Those 'bent legs are coming,quickly. Sorry I couldn't make the ride, Austin got in the way.

Let me know if you're planning to ride next Tuesday.

-Steve

Um, that is an understatement.  She "rode like a girl" this evening!   Smiley

Steve, when you go to Austin do you bring your bike?  There are lots of good rides available during the evenings.

Unless it's raining we should be there, not sure how much we'll have in us though, planning a 230k ride Monday afternoon.

Bryan
---------------------------
Shellene's is yellow, mine is too.
  IP Logged
shellenefoster

rbent member

Reply #6 - Jun 12th, 2009, 11:11am

Wow, you guys missed a really good Popsicle ride.  Not a single mechanical for the entire ride!!!!!

And to boot, I never got dropped, so I was ecstatic Smiley  The ride ended with a 20.5mph average on my computer.  Now that's more like it!  

We'll see ya Tuesday, but my legs will most likely be pretty beat up again.  Pretty tough training is lined up for Monday.  Y'all have some good rides this weekend!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print