Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 5:18am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Blue flu (Read 281 times)
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Blue flu
May 15th, 2009, 4:54pm

I had a horrible case of the "blue" flu(as in Bacchetta CA 2.0 Blue), & I decided to forgo work(enough with the jokes, I do work....occasionally), and decided to ride my LSR 103K Bobcat bite route today.  Smiley

Nelson joined me on his "fixie"(he didn't need much arm twisting either). He deserves the perseverance award today. We started out at Celina town square,made a quick trip to the 1st control,& headed up business 289, & then onto Preston Road into Gunter(all with a very nice tailwind, which MEANS the return trip will be fun for someone riding a "fixie").  Smiley

After Gunter, we take some great low traffic roads & wander to Howe. Another relatively quick stop at a control, & onto Dorchester for an information control. As we turned toward Dorchester ,we noticed the wind blowing at a pretty good clip. Back down Preston rd(7 miles-poor Nelson), & left on FM 121 at Gunter toward Tioga. At least we're out of the headwind(temporarily).  Smiley

We pull into the Tioga control & noticed it was warming up. A quick bite & bathroom break & back into a 7 mile headwind on US 377 into Pilot Point. At this point ,I think Nelson had all he wanted of my route & his "fixie".  Smiley

Into Pilot Point & left onto FM 455 on BOULDERSEAL for 5 miles. Now ,we have a cross/quartering wind ,heat, BOULDERSEAL ,& a "fixie". As we approach the Collin county line, FM 455 does become smoother...just in time for a nasty little stair step hill(into a strong breeze), & straight into the wind now.
A "S" curve & a series of rollers. At this point Nelson replied, "I think I've been bitten by the Bobcat." A nice descent , then a left hand roller/hill(into the wind), which all I can muster is 13 mph. Just over a mile from the finish ,into the town square.  Smiley

Total ride time was 5hrs,25 min.,avg-14.6 mph. Total elevation for this route is 1,998 feet. Easy pace,poor Nelson had to do all the work on his "fixie". We stopped & took pictures along the way of various buildings,etc...,but as always this route is not complete until a meal at Lucy's. Great food.  Smiley

Congratulations to Nelson for surviving the route,heat,wind, on his "fixie". That was no easy accomplishment.  I appreciated & enjoyed the company.  Smiley

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print