Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 7:15am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tonight's training now with extra data-y goodness. (Read 493 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Tonight's training now with extra data-y goodness.
May 11th, 2009, 11:15pm

My intended 30 miles of training tonight was cut short by the fact that I hadn't charged my batteries for night riding.  Dangit.  So I ended up only getting one loop up and down Bellaire drive.  With the mile and a half to get thre and back, that gave me basically 10 miles of training.  

For Saturday's 200k I rode the corsa because I had the rear zipp 808 with powertap installed on the carbent and didn't want to tempt fate by not having had a shakedown ride.  I still have yet to put the front 404 on it because I'm missing a nut.

The proof is in the pudding.  my previous fastest lap on this road had been 20.7 mph.  tonight with the rear zipp 808 my speed was 22.4mph!   Smiley  That's a serious increase - can't wait to see what happens when I cover up the rest of the spokes with a cover.  I wasn't going at max either, though probably 90%.

So I also have some power data to add for the first time.  Average watts for the 6 miles:  253.  Max watts:  468.  I hit 513 watts going up a short steep hill on the way home.

What that data MEANS, I have no idea, but I'll figure it all out eventually!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Tonight's training now with extra data-y goodn
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2009, 9:11pm

I was exhausted tonight.  I haven't slept very well the least 2 nights - maybe 4 hours each, and both of them fitful.  baseball has me exhausted and my body was just sluggish, so I just cut everything short so that I could eat, rest, and recover.  Even so, and with the nasty crosswind, my lap speed still surpassed my normal speed by a few tenths of a mile per hour.  the zipp is definitely going to be worthwhile on those faster rides.  I didn't feel that the sidewinds affected handling at all, and when the wind let up, it was like a push at my back.  Who says you can't buy speed?

16 miles or so - I forgot to punch the garmin until a ways into my ride.  Forgot my HR monitor too.  totally out of it I guess.

Average speed - 21.3, max 32.5  average watts 217.  Max watts 525

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Tonight's training now with extra data-y goodn
Reply #2 - May 19th, 2009, 9:49pm

Had a good hard ride tonight, doing my usual trip up and down bellaire adding in 3 hill repeats of a hill that is just under a half mile in length and gets to about 10% when it's all said and done.  Tonight the wind was in my face while climbing.  The hill was enough to let me get close to my max HR.  What was nice was that on the last part of my lap, which was basically flat with a side wind, I got passed by a van and gave chase, hitting 32.1 mph and getting up to 609 watts.  I've not hit that kind of power on flat ground before - only uphill.  I presume that means I'm getting stronger.  I need to get some feedback from my coach.   Smiley

stats:  added hill climbing reduced my overall average.  
Hit right on about 19.7 average, max (downhill) of 38.9.  
average HR:  148, max 176
acverage watts:  212 609 max.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print