Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 5:24am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Chasing rabbits after my commute.. (Read 344 times)
evblazer
Five Star Member

Restricted from
Riding Long Distance
or Hills

Chasing rabbits after my commute..
May 6th, 2009, 10:22pm

On an empty stomach.. Bad bad idea. Can I have a good ride someday is that too much to ask  Smiley  Smiley

Oh well. I thought I had a pretty good eating today. Had some oatmeal before I left today and some egg whites and a nice ice cold odwalla when I got to work. A slightly early lunch for about 1300 calories so far in the day and then 6 hours later on my way home I run into Ray on the X-Stream heading over to a Wednesday ride that starts by my house. So we head up there and I'm feeling kinda short on energy but if I was commuting I'd be fine because my house was 100 yards away.
Do I go to my house to get something quick to eat and maybe grab the stripped down road bike instead of my commuter with all my commuting stuff? Nope I sit and wait a few then head out with the crowd. As we are going down the hill into south flower mound hill ville Ray passes me and said something like "plenty of rabbits" and flies off and a moment later I follow. I was up with the faster folks for a while burning whatever I had left until I got into mile 60 for the day, <20 for most of the other folks, and then my legs would barely pedal.
By that time Ray I hope had made his split with the group and headed on home because I was pretty weak crawling up those hills. I gotta make sure to put an emergency luna bar in my bag or maybe just go for the mini fridge.

« Last Edit: May 6th, 2009, 10:42pm by evblazer »  

Mark Hastings
Hurricane & Oregon - Need to lose weight to ride, I hate my new meds Sad
Merlin Road - Short distance speed bike
Fuji Touring Xtracycle Shopping Hauler Bike
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print