Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 29th, 2024, 5:22pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sun EZ3 (Read 2017 times)
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Sun EZ3
Apr 3rd, 2009, 8:34am

SmileyJust can't buy enough bents Grin Eddie helped me bring my new EZ3  
home from Bicycles,Inc in Arlington Wednesday. Thursday I just had to take my new bent for a ride. I figured if with the very high winds blowing in from the west that this would be a great test to see how the EZ3's gearing would manage the little overpass on American Blvd overlooking hwy 183  Cheesy

Well the bent managed the wind and climbs so well I ended up riding just over 26 miles even into the 30+mph winds at times. The ride first headed north on American Blvd to Kroger on Harwood and Euless Main, then south and turning due west on Trinity to Industrial and southbound to River Legacy Park in Arlington

The high winds had one big tree blown over the East Side path but not all the way down because a tree on the opposite side caught it.  
All in all, the improved 2008 EZ3's performance was very impressive. It will never win a race but you will have so much fun enjoying the local scenery, the slower recumbent pace will be a lot of fun. There is ample gear to ride all the local little hills and overpass's even with a 240# rider  Smiley

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Sun EZ3
Reply #1 - Apr 3rd, 2009, 4:47pm

Having had an EZ3-USX, I can identify...  just watch those high-speed turns!!!  <grin>  Do you have a Camelback to put on the back of the seat, for tool, water, etc?  I would also still recommend using SPDs or some sort of "clipless" pedal -- Terrie almost hurt herself badly, early on, when her foot slipped off on a 20mph downhill...

Enjoy!  How are you transporting it, on what vehicle?

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Apr 3rd, 2009, 6:59pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Apr 3rd, 2009, 4:47pm:
Having had an EZ3-USX, I can identify...  just watch those high-speed turns!!!  <grin>  Do you have a Camelback to put on the back of the seat, for tool, water, etc?  I would also still recommend using SPDs or some sort of "clipless" pedal -- Terrie almost hurt herself badly, early on, when her foot slipped off on a 20mph downhill...

Enjoy!  How are you transporting it, on what vehicle?

All good ideas, tnx. I put my trusty old SPDs on yesterday, it is less straining over a long ride for me clipped in. I don't have to keep relocating my feet which grows old after a while. I am temp. using my Camelback until I get a sunlite bag next month. Cornering as you say is a bit spartin  Grin, with the wheelbase at only 30" unlike the tadpole with its safer 40 something. But I can't keep fighting a 40" or so wheelbase in and out of my apartment, the delta rolls in and out with no problems.  
I also plan to buy a nice faring next month, there is a short one tinted for around $170 I like, in the meantime if it looks like a real windy day, I have a small one that covers the handlebar zone made out of good old colorplast  Smiley I will put back in service.
As for transport, I'm working on that, I will have to rely on my friend and neighbor Bikedoc if we both are going the same direction. I have plans to find a small long bed truck like my old Toyota, but all things in time. I sure enjoyed even the windy ride yesterday, not having to worry how slow I go up a hill is quite liberating.
Say I saw a new us EZ3 delta at Bicycles,Inc, it did not have the suspension like Terri's did, and another that had a seat much like the Actionbent's. Easy Racer is coming up with some nice bents for the lower prices. Smiley

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:16pm

And Joe has come full circle!  Cue the Lion King Song!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
freakflyer9999

Reply #4 - Apr 4th, 2009, 7:50am

Quote from jman on Apr 3rd, 2009, 6:59pm:
I am temp. using my Camelback until I get a sunlite bag next month.

Joe,

I don't use the Sunlite bag that was on the Cafe I bought from you.  You are welcome to have it back.

Kenny G.

Kenny G
Bacchetta Cafe <SOLD>
Terratrike Cruiser
Bacchetta Strada
  IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Apr 4th, 2009, 10:47am

Quote from freakflyer9999 on Apr 4th, 2009, 7:50am:
Quote from jman on Apr 3rd, 2009, 6:59pm:
I am temp. using my Camelback until I get a sunlite bag next month.

Joe,

I don't use the Sunlite bag that was on the Cafe I bought from you.  You are welcome to have it back.

Kenny G.

SmileyI sure would appreciate it ,I sent you a PM

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #6 - Apr 4th, 2009, 1:28pm

I was surprised to see that your EZ3 has a 16" front wheel... the USX was 20" front and back...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Apr 8th, 2009, 8:07am

I sure love my trike and it now sports a cargo basket for the multiple jobs I call on it for. I haven't tried to ride the TRE train yet, but that is one of my objectives, it will put me in Dallas or Ft.Worth. If I start out in the non-rush hours I might be able to make use of the light rail. Smiley

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print