Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 5:20am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sunday attempt (Read 652 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Sunday attempt
Jan 25th, 2009, 2:40pm

Once the sun came out around noon, I determined it might be a good idea to ride from the house, southbound, to join the GDB Mesquite guys on the regular 2PM ride...  I put on tights, three upper layers (underarmor, underarmour, jersey) and full-fingered gloves, and headed out, at 1PM.  

Within a quarter mile I had hit enough of the chilly E/SE wind that I turned back, went in the house to put on arm warmers, shorts over the tights, and put a light jacket in the bag, and went back out.  

Within a mile, I turned back again, went back in the house, and dug out my lobster shell gloves to go over my full-fingered ones, and put ear covers on, as well.  And went back out...   Smiley

Within two more miles into the wind, I had already decided to kill the idea of riding to Mesquite for the group ride, and just did about 10+ miles (total, including my previous aborted starts) through my neighborhood, and went home.  And this was in full sunshine...

I dunno... just too chilly of a wind for me today, for some reason!!!!   embarrassed

« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2009, 2:45pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Re: Sunday attempt
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2009, 3:37pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Jan 25th, 2009, 2:40pm:
Once the sun came out around noon, I determined it might be a good idea to ride from the house, southbound, to join the GDB Mesquite guys on the regular 2PM ride...  I put on tights, three upper layers (underarmor, underarmour, jersey) and full-fingered gloves, and headed out, at 1PM.  

Within a quarter mile I had hit enough of the chilly E/SE wind that I turned back, went in the house to put on arm warmers, shorts over the tights, and put a light jacket in the bag, and went back out.  

Within a mile, I turned back again, went back in the house, and dug out my lobster shell gloves to go over my full-fingered ones, and put ear covers on, as well.  And went back out...   Smiley

Within two more miles into the wind, I had already decided to kill the idea of riding to Mesquite for the group ride, and just did about 10+ miles (total, including my previous aborted starts) through my neighborhood, and went home.  And this was in full sunshine...

I dunno... just too chilly of a wind for me today, for some reason!!!!   embarrassed

Uh oh,I think we may passing the "candy a*@ torch" on ! Peggy & I pre-rode my 100k LSR route today. We left downtown Celina at 9:49am & returned at 2:07pm. 64.10 miles ridden.  

It was on the cool side when we left downtown Celina. The sky was overcast & a relatively clam S/E wind ,combined for a crisp morning. By the time we rolled into Howe(control #2) ,the sun was starting to break through the clouds. By the Tioga control,it was full sun & we were shedding base layers. Then ,we came into Celina ,it was down right warm.

Just kiddin' ya Paul(about the candy a@* thing)...I still despise any riding temperature below,oh...90 degrees.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2009, 6:44pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Jan 25th, 2009, 2:40pm:

I did 60 at the lake without any problems, maybe you are getting old  Grin

IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #3 - Jan 25th, 2009, 9:25pm

It barely got above 40 degrees in Antlers, Oklahoma today, and I had no real urge to pedal outside.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2009, 9:01am

I laid on the couch all weekend coughing up junk outta my lungs.  I rode to the fence and back to show Shellene where the entrance to the trail was and got back inside.   Smiley

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print