Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 1:12am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Flower Mound-No Pain Ride (Read 243 times)
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Flower Mound-No Pain Ride
Dec 31st, 2008, 2:34pm

Nelson,EV,Ray & myself had a casual(but very good/fun) ride around Flower Mound,Bridlewood,& Double Oak today. Despite a cold N/E breeze,we headed out & as Ray lead the way(by the way ,his new Extreme is a beautiful color of metallic gray/blue). At the first stop light ,Ray stops awkwardly & I'm think "Oh no"...thankfully ,he righted himself with his left foot...no big deal.We carried on.

At approximately mile 5/6,Nelson received a cell call from & home ,so he turned around & head back(by-the-way,Nelson rode his Tour Easy from Plano to Flower Mound.You're a much braver soul than I).We offered a ride back to Ray's/Plano-he wasn't haven't any of it.

So the three of us journeyed on. Almost all of the roads ridden today are ridden routinely by our MS-150 team,so the roads were familiar to me.

There is pretty country side,lots of horses in pastures. There were a few hills.

On SEVERAL occasions ,EV & I had to lasso Ray back to a decent pace. According to Ray's doctor ,he is way ahead on the recovery time schedule for this type of operation.He claimed that his computer wasn't reading properly. Several times we were cruising >20mph.Ray looked really strong on the new Extreme. EV was blazin' along on the Hurricane(very nice set of wheels-with a shock absorber no less).

Total mileage-24.20. We had talked about Lunch afterward ,but I had to get home to prepare Hors' Douvers for a New Eve's & New Years Day LSR ride. Peggy is working until 6:00pm ,so I had to  run(sorry Ray & Angie).

Thanks for a good ride. And No Pain for Ray,right Ray?.

-Happy New Year everyone(be safe on any/all rides).

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print