Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 3:16am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Crash at White Rock Lake. (Read 320 times)
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Crash at White Rock Lake.
Dec 20th, 2008, 10:16pm

It has been cold all week but Tom and Jay rode Friday and I joined them today.
someone was having a run today but we managed to avoid all the runners.  
Unfortunately I can't say the same for little kids on little bikes. One fellow about ten, or so, saw me passing a runner and got confused about which side of the trail he should be on. He knows now because we met head on. No body was hurt except for my big chainring which now looks like a potato chip and I will bet his bike has one heck of a scratch on it.  
We finished two laps and I split to head up the trail into that cold headwind being very careful not to shift into the big chainring.

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Crash at White Rock Lake.
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2008, 12:14pm

Quote from jcsadowski on Dec 20th, 2008, 10:16pm:
It has been cold all week but Tom and Jay rode Friday and I joined them today.
someone was having a run today but we managed to avoid all the runners.
Unfortunately I can't say the same for little kids on little bikes. One fellow about ten, or so, saw me passing a runner and got confused about which side of the trail he should be on. He knows now because we met head on. No body was hurt except for my big chainring which now looks like a potato chip and I will bet his bike has one heck of a scratch on it.
We finished two laps and I split to head up the trail into that cold headwind being very careful not to shift into the big chainring.

Kids are fun, At the lake I've learned never to let them know I'm about to pass because they always look to their left which causes them to steer left

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print