Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 3:17am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DFW Airport ride (Read 429 times)
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

DFW Airport ride
Dec 7th, 2008, 8:09am

Paul or Bud may post something later but I originally was going to meet both of them at 9:30 however since it was about 28 degrees outside at the time I went back to bed...  Smiley

I ended up leaving Valley Ranch at 11 when it was a bearable 48 degrees and caught up with both of them on the east side near Valley View and Beltline. They were on their 2nd lap and we all went back to the Shell station at Freeport Parkway for a break.  Afterwards the three of us did a clockwise run around the airport, I ended up parting ways for a run through downtown Grapevine where they had some big Christmas event going on. You end up hearing a lot of "Oh look kids at the man laying down on that bike" kind of stuff.

One run through Main street, through the north park by the marina then across the dam and it was time for home, total run 52 miles.

Pictures at http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii97/markleuck/December%206%20DFW%20Airport/

And sometime today www.lifeonabaron.blogspot.com

IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: DFW Airport ride
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2008, 5:30pm

It was great seeing you, Mark! Paul and I did a total of three laps, plus a little exploring. We also stopped at the new observation point at the north end of the runways on Texas Trail. It's a really good spot to watch planes take off or land, and even has a speaker with what sounds like control tower communication.  

It was still pretty chilly at 9:45 when we took off, but a lot nicer than earlier. I found out that I can draft Paul pretty well on my Roadster lowracer. Of course that doesn't help on the hills. But, it's pretty small hills in this area. The biggest challenge is usually wind, but there just wasn't much on this day. I ended up with 54.6 miles at a 17.2 mph average.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2008, 10:26pm

Quote from Bud_Bent on Dec 7th, 2008, 5:30pm:
It was great seeing you, Mark! Paul and I did a total of three laps, plus a little exploring. We also stopped at the new observation point at the north end of the runways on Texas Trail. It's a really good spot to watch planes take off or land, and even has a speaker with what sounds like control tower communication.

Now they need one at the south end  Smiley

IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2008, 12:37am

I think there's one there, too....

Anyway, yes, thanks for meeting me out there, guys - it was a good session.

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print