Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 27th, 2024, 11:22pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cotton patch (Read 1644 times)
power_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Cotton patch
Sep 21st, 2008, 8:24pm

Hello Rbenters, I don't have much at all to brag about except that Me and Jerry (cookie) we did finish the 64 mile ride. Whew what a ride.I had a few physical problem on the ride to slow me way down.     ( calves cramps) and feet cramp. I don't know if you can visualize riding up the 4 hills around the 30's mile but think of being stuck in the front big chain ring (50t) with 32 in back going up the hill with about 1 rpm with 330 lbs. At the top of hills I got a flashback of leg pressing  my max weight lift. Shocked Man I was glad the hills was over and that when the left foot started to cramp. Jerry hung in there all the way. Thanks to John S and Richard C coaching and riding along or we along with them.
   Thanks Thomas

P.S. It was fun going downhill on #3 because my computer read 40.5 mph....WOOOO  HOOOO
  What a ride Grin

Keep Pedaling,the power coming
Midracer being built
Homebuilt Bike X orange
Homebuilt Squared High Racer (20")
Catrike Expedition ( Red)
Wife: Sun Tadpole Trike
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Cotton patch
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2008, 8:56pm

WOW!  What an accomplishment you two!  Keep up your riding this winter, stay away from all the holiday junk food, and you'll be slim and doing centuries next year.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2008, 11:07am

Thomas,

It was a fun ride. Cheesy I made that hill in low low and was really beginning to pucker right at the curve up that last hill. I could not have done that in the first year I rode. You are doing great. !The leg issues will get better with time.  

RichardC

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2008, 11:57am

I have ridden that hill many times in the past few years but this year it seemed just a tad bit easier. Is the hill wearing down?

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
power_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:41pm

lol Grin, John you did a great job climbing that hill! I just hope when I get Older that I can still do that tooo. Now that I've been riding the recumbent bike for about 4  1/2 month now, I feel good about my health ( getting better) and looking at what you and others do and how your health is .I think I finally found something that goes with my life.  Racing ( I use to Drag Rcae cars) , health and life.
  Sorry if I sound like scrambling talk.
 Thanks Thomas

Keep Pedaling,the power coming
Midracer being built
Homebuilt Bike X orange
Homebuilt Squared High Racer (20")
Catrike Expedition ( Red)
Wife: Sun Tadpole Trike
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print