Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 27th, 2024, 11:22pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Hotter 'N Hell Hundred (Read 7620 times)
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Re: Hotter 'N Hell Hundred
Reply #30 - Aug 25th, 2008, 9:41pm

Quote from Bud_Bent on Aug 25th, 2008, 9:03pm:
Yes, it's more than a ride; it's an event. And when you get to go camp out with a group of friends while you attend it, it really does make it even more fun.

Exactly. And that's what made this weekend so much fun for Peggy & I. Yeah we had a good ride,but I'll remember so many other fun moments other than the ride. Those fun moments with friends will be with me forever.  

Opus,I didn't notice any problems with the roads. I did see several cyclists on the side of the road with flats ,but I can't say anymore than a usual H'NH .

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #31 - Aug 25th, 2008, 10:29pm

Quote from Opus the Poet on Aug 25th, 2008, 9:26pm:
My friends up in WF said that there were flood waters over the course in several areas last week, did they make any route changes?

Opus,

It was Tuesday before the ride when it flooded, and they got it all cleared off the roads before HHH. Here's one of the news stories on it.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
robert.j

rbent member

Reply #32 - Aug 26th, 2008, 3:40pm

Quote from Strada177 on Aug 25th, 2008, 8:15pm:
Robert ,I'm not a HUGE fan of riding with 11,000+ cyclists ,but I keep coming back & enjoy the ride more & more each year. We will be there next August. Plan on riding H'NH next year & see what happens. The more 'bents ,the better.

The years I did the HNH were before I met up with the Rbent crowd.  I rode a little with my bent friend from Houston, but he's WAY faster than I am so I could only stay with him a few miles before I'd have to back off.  Because of my cramp issues I limited myself to 50 or 60 mile routes, and tried to take it easy so I could really hammer the last 20 miles or so (passing all the DFs headed into the wind was fun!).  At any rate, I was mostly riding by myself (the 50 mile route is particularly poorly attended), left at 3:00 AM (yuck) to get there and generally just didn't think it was worth the effort, though it was very cool being around that many riders and all the surroundings - the "event" part.  Next year I'll plan to come early and hang out with the rest of you.

Robert Johnson
Bacchetta Corsa
Ventana Mtn Bike
Barcroft Columbia Tandem
Sun EZ1
1970ish French Roold
Email   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #33 - Aug 26th, 2008, 6:31pm

Sorry I missed this one again but hey it's umm 75 degrees up here in Indiana  Cheesy

IP Logged
Tim C.

rbent member

Reply #34 - Aug 26th, 2008, 9:25pm

I hope to be there next year now that I am riding again.  I had gone a few times in the early 90's when I was part of the enemy with a TREK 1200.  I only did the metric century back then so I need to be ready for the big one next summer.  I really enjoy all these reports and the friendship among the 'bent riders.

2008 RANS Stratus XP
Email   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #35 - Aug 27th, 2008, 8:53am

Tim,

This ride is unique in my mind. It reminds me of going to the carnival when I was a kid. There is no other ride that makes you want to ride hard and fast like HHH. For just a tiny second you get to be Lance Armstrong moving to the front of the pack. Cheesy And the 10,000+ other riders makes you feel that you are a part of something really big, cause it is! HHH is a must do for anybody who enjoys riding a bike of anykind. All the bent riders will forgive those that have sinned, I too rode a schwinn sidewinder for years. cry Oh the pain, "the horror"

See you next year,

RichardC

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #36 - Aug 28th, 2008, 11:32am

I am just finally getting around to to saying how much fun I had this year. Just like everyone else it was good to see everyone together at the church  I liked the accomodations they were very nice it was a nice touch when we got there we all had our own spots layed out it gave it a personal touch it sure beats camping out side.  This was another nice year for the weather it started out nice but it did warm up a bit.  Joe and I had a great time good job joe for not giving up you were a bit tired at the 30mi rest and getting that blow out might have been a bit discouraging but I was glad to see you at the 50 mi rest stop.  between the 40 and 50 mile rest stop it was a little tiring for me but I felt like I would make it last year I rode the whole 100miles on a DF and it was hard towards the end so I thought I would ride 100k this year on my EZ-Sport it was better then when I rode my EZ Rider a couple of years ago the 20-20 was good on hills but I wasn't in as good as shape as I am now.  good job to all you guys that were in the 5hr range keep it up it is good for our health riding has been good for me since my accident I just have to be careful and safe.  I haven't posted any pictures yet been busy lately   will try later when I have time it was nice riding through the air force base I for got that either 100mi or the 100K have different endings and I missed the Margaritaville this year maybe next year I hope to have a Crank forward bike and maybe attempt the 100mi again we will see  
Eddie

Easy Racer Tour Easy got to love it
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print