Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 27th, 2024, 11:22pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Solo Out and Back to Tioga (Read 696 times)
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Solo Out and Back to Tioga
Aug 16th, 2008, 11:21pm

Had a nice ride up to Tioga from the house, and then back.  Sorry I missed out on the fun down South.  I'm afraid I have some sad news for Steve though, Denton Co has laid fresh chip seal on @7miles  of FM455 up to Pilot Point, and it looks like FM428 and FM1385 also got the same treatment.  Its the nasty kind too, like the section we had on the Greenville 200K Brevet.  Cerainly slows one down, but increases the workout I guess.  

Man sorry to hear about Ray's wipeout.  I certainly hope you're OK Ray, and also hope you don't have to return the V3 to Angie with any scratches!

Take Care,
Nelson.

« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2008, 11:21pm by Kwijybow »  

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Re: Solo Out and Back to Tioga
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2008, 9:05am

Nelson ,that's not a surprise. The piles of aggregate used for the chip seal have been piled up along the side of FM 455 since early spring(however the roads you mentioned were in great shape. Not sure why the county decided to lay "boulder seal" over smooth asphalt). When Peggy & I rode up in Celina last Sunday ,we saw the equipment getting ready to lay down to the "boulder seal".

Forget riding up there anymore. If I want a workout ,I'm looking for hills or flat surfaces(or both). Regarding Ray ,he appeared to be "OK" ,& I saw no signs of damage to the V3.

Thanks for the update,

-Steve

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print