Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 27th, 2024, 9:17pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mystrey flats plagued me again (Read 564 times)
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Mystrey flats plagued me again
Jul 6th, 2008, 4:52pm

I had a good morning ride after I had to fix my 2nd flat in a row on my rear wheel.
I was lucky Sat while Eddie, Dianna and I rode to Grapevine, because when I got home and parked the Tango the rear wheel went down when I wasn't looking  Huh So I took a long look at the tire but couldn't see anything poking through it??? Tongue So I put in my last good tube, pumped up the tire to 115 lbs and all looked ok. Well when I got up this morning, I decided it was a nice morning to ride in RLP, then noticed my rear tire was flat again!  undecided  Since the Conti is so hard to put back on, I decided to use my Primo Racer which doesn't take an act of Congress to put on  Grin and removed the conti and carefully looked for clues in the tire and tube to see what was causing me this grief.

Turns out the rim stuff on the wheel had failed in one spot and the tube would go into the little hole and pinch then pop. Fortunately for me, I had a fresh role of rim tape still on hand. Then I repaired the pinched tube and made it my temporary spare, now I am down to only 3 patches for road emergencies, so I went to the new Bicycles Inc on Harwood this afternoon to get a new tube and was delighted to see that they had 2 LWB Cycle Genus on hand. There is hope for them after all  Wink

Now when I hit the trail in the morning, I will have a fresh new tube in my bag and that makes me feel a tad more secure.  

That brings my total flats for the season to a half dozen. Sure hope that is the end of my flats for a while.  Shocked

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Mystrey flats plagued me again
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2008, 6:49pm

That'll sure do it quick!  I really like veloplugs, but they only work for tires with a certain spoke hole diameter.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print