Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 27th, 2024, 11:21pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LSR 200K 06/21 (Read 660 times)
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

LSR 200K 06/21
Jun 22nd, 2008, 1:39pm

We had a good turnout at the LSR brevets out of Greenville.  Four of us bents, Paul, Steve, Peggy and me, and some definitely other interested party's with Paul's friend Steve, and maybe John Droese as future owners.  The wind was actually in more of a helpful mood yesterday, providing a much appreciated tailwind for much of the trip back from OK.  The temperature was definitely hotter than forecast, hitting towards 100 I bet, it was hot, especially on the freshly chipsealed 271 between Bonham and Wolfe City.  I had a very nice ride over, as I really like night riding, but the heat made it for easy for me to accept Steve's gracious offer to drop me on the way home, so I was a bit short of the planned mileage, but certainly felt I got in enough fun.  It so rewarding to ride and socialize with you guys, and it means a lot to me.  Thanks Steve for hanging with me during my low spot going into OK.  Seems George Evans had made a slight error on the cue sheet that had us @4 miles shorter than the advertised 135.8 miles, but this route is still a plus sized 200K.  It can be a great route depending on the weather, and the traffic usually pretty light. I believe we completed the 131 miles or so in just over 10 hours so at pretty good pace, despite cooling off for a good while in Wolfe City before finishing up the last 20 miles.

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Re: LSR 200K 06/21
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2008, 4:04pm

Great job everyone.  Wish I could have been there.

Did anyone ask Dan about TTTT?

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2008, 5:17pm

That's a relatively flat 200K route, overall, and yes, the north breeze helped, although it sort of made things hotter by not having a headwind!!!  But except for that boulder-seal between Bonham and Gober, the roads were very nice -- especially that shoulder on 34!!

Good riding with y'all.

I did ask Dan about TTTT, and he sounded VERY noncommital..   Sad

My pic album is at   http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/flyinglazboy/OK_is_OK/

..but here are a few shots

Hills ahead!!

Waterslide, anyone???

RedRiver shot

Peggy scores points

« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2008, 5:28pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2008, 12:59pm

Quote from Kwijybow on Jun 22nd, 2008, 1:39pm:
We had a good turnout at the LSR brevets out of Greenville. Four of us bents, Paul, Steve, Peggy and me, and some definitely other interested party's with Paul's friend Steve, and maybe John Droese as future owners. The wind was actually in more of a helpful mood yesterday, providing a much appreciated tailwind for much of the trip back from OK. The temperature was definitely hotter than forecast, hitting towards 100 I bet, it was hot, especially on the freshly chipsealed 271 between Bonham and Wolfe City. I had a very nice ride over, as I really like night riding, but the heat made it for easy for me to accept Steve's gracious offer to drop me on the way home, so I was a bit short of the planned mileage, but certainly felt I got in enough fun. It so rewarding to ride and socialize with you guys, and it means a lot to me. Thanks Steve for hanging with me during my low spot going into OK. Seems George Evans had made a slight error on the cue sheet that had us @4 miles shorter than the advertised 135.8 miles, but this route is still a plus sized 200K. It can be a great route depending on the weather, and the traffic usually pretty light. I believe we completed the 131 miles or so in just over 10 hours so at pretty good pace, despite cooling off for a good while in Wolfe City before finishing up the last 20 miles.

Take Care,
Nelson.

Nelson ,I was glad to help. You have helped Peggy & I out so many times in the past. This was the least I could do ,& as you & Ray have mentioned before ,we take of each other on these rando rides. Congrats on your 300K ride Saturday.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print