Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 27th, 2024, 11:24pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Collin Classic (Read 3016 times)
Cork

rbent member

Re: Collin Classic
Reply #15 - Jun 15th, 2008, 4:25pm

Kelly and I did 45 (supposed to be 47) and got hit by the rain relatively hard.  Not that I was worried about falling over on our trikes, mind you, but with the rain driving hard into our faces it was difficult keeping our eyes open.  Once the rain slowed down a bit we got back on the road.  Aside from a rare mechanical, the rest of the ride went great.

I thought the roads were well-selected and the support was excellent.  We saw three other trikes before the start, but none while on the ride.

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #16 - Jun 15th, 2008, 4:55pm

Sounds like a good ride for most folks.  I was out east at Lake Cypress Springs, getting rained on until about 1PM...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #17 - Jun 15th, 2008, 9:15pm

Hey all,

I too enjoyed the ride. This has been such a whacky year for my bicycling. If it wasn't bad weather, I had to work out of town, or had a health issue. This was my first "real"outing this year and it felt really good. My legs feel "normal" for the first time since I started back riding. Maybe it has just taken a couple years to redevelope the old muscles. I blamed it on statins but I think it is mostly, muscle developement and managing electrolytes and nutrition. I always enjoy riding and visiting with our eclectic group. I can finaly remember a few names Smiley Terry (even if you were sputtering), Dianna, Eddie, Joe, it was fun making those long descents at 30+ mph with all those bells ringing! Foo, Steve, Peggy, MarkL, Bobcat, and several other bent folk of unknown origin, it was good to shoot a little er ah, talk with ya. JohnS where are you??

See you all down the road,

RichardC

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #18 - Jun 18th, 2008, 3:51pm

hay yuall Urb here  I finally got around to reading our thread for this ride I had a great I haven't been able to make some of the other rides that our bent club has been making.  it is more fun when there are bents riding..  Richard it was fun riding and getting caught up on old times like the HHH last year and look forward to some more rides  had fun riding with Joe, Dianna too   and oh yea Terry sorry about the cable we thought you were just taking it easy on the Rocket.  it was cool seeing all the other bents  there were more bechettas out there..  I like my EZ- Sport for now it rides real stable and it is safe for me,.   until the next time  

Easy Racer Tour Easy got to love it
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print