Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 27th, 2024, 7:29pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Simple commute... (Read 431 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Simple commute...
Jun 9th, 2008, 8:05pm

I had to get my hair cut, go to the bank and the pharmacy, and wanted to go lift weights at the gym.  Mission accomplished with 16 miles, but what was odd was comment after comment.  I had people talking to me out of cars and all over the place when I was stopped.  It'd never been this much before......couldn't figure out why.

Till I looked across the street from the bank after talking to one guy and his grandson.  "That *IS* a bike isn't it?"   Tongue    And I saw gas was at 3.95.  I hadn't had to put gas in the car since school let out Friday before last....mystery solved.  Time for a scooby snack.   Grin

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Simple commute...
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2008, 8:39pm

When I tried the DART train yesterday after lunch with the SXP, there were four others with bikes either getting on or departing...  No other 'bents, but I was defintely getting envious looks!  Wink  One kid had a dirty MTB with 2" knobby tires, with not one, but TWO vise-grip clamps attached to the seat post -- and the RD apparently didn't work, so he was basically stuck in high gear all the time.  But he had his iPod and spare batteries, so life was good...   Cheesy

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Simple commute...
Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2008, 9:55pm

I can't believe some of the people who live in my building, they get in a car or a truck then Drive for 2 min to the Mail Box!  Shocked while I jumped on my Dawes arrived and left at almost the same time! Some of them haven't seen their feet while standing up in a Very long time Tongue  I wonder what it is going to take to get them out of their vehicles at least to go pick up their mail, wow.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print