Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 27th, 2024, 9:18pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trinity Trail (Read 689 times)
richardr

rbent member

Trinity Trail
Jun 9th, 2008, 1:51pm

I need some help on the routing of the Trinity Trail.

Sunday afternoon my wife and I rode our trikes from Gateway Park, (just north of I30) headed west toward Ft Worth along the Trinity Trail.  We started on the south side of the river, but crossed at the first dam.  We continued following the concrete bike path.  About 1/2 a mile after passing mile marker 6 (headed in the decreasing direction) we ended up in a parking lot of a rec center.  There was a pedestrian bridge over a highway to the south.  This did not agree with the map we have which shows the trail running along side the river.  We decided to turn around here and rode back past the car, continuing east on the Trinity Trail and through Gateway park, which was nice and shady.

Now to my question.  When we were on the south side of the river, after passing mile marker 6, there were 2 gravel trails that ran parallel to the river.  There was also a crushed rock trail headed west along the north side of the river we could have taken before we crossed at the dam.  Should we have followed one of these other trails to connect with the main Trinity Trail?

Work to eat, eat to live, live to bike, bike to work.
  IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Trinity Trail
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2008, 4:30pm

You need to crossover to the other side and the last place you can do that is the 4th street spillway bridge.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
irodguy

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2008, 4:53pm

Hey Richard, next time you guys are heading that way let me know.

2008 Rans V-Rex
2009 Rans X-stream
2008 Bacchetta Strada
2008 Catrike Expedition Neon Lime Green
Email   IP Logged
Rawhide

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2008, 6:27am

When you rolled up to the Bertha Collins Rec Center, you had just basically done a 180 at the top of an incline to follow the concrete portion of the trail over to the Rec Center.  It's at that point, where you made the 180, that you should have veered to the right and followed the asphalt trail north bound which would have you running paralell to northbound 287 as it merges with I35W.  It also puts you on the east side of the soccer fields north of The Rec center.  Following this will in short order put you going under 4th street, then Belknap, then I35, then under Northside Drive a couple of times before coming to a cross-over behind LaGrave field.

DJ

D J Boyd
Bacchetta Carbon Corsa
Bacchetta Corsa
Rans Rocket GL63
Vision R40
Email   IP Logged
richardr

rbent member

Reply #4 - Jun 10th, 2008, 1:39pm

Quote from Rawhide on Jun 10th, 2008, 6:27am:
When you rolled up to the Bertha Collins Rec Center, you had just basically done a 180 at the top of an incline to follow the concrete portion of the trail over to the Rec Center.  It's at that point, where you made the 180, that you should have veered to the right and followed the asphalt trail north bound which would have you running paralell to northbound 287 as it merges with I35W.  It also puts you on the east side of the soccer fields north of The Rec center.  Following this will in short order put you going under 4th street, then Belknap, then I35, then under Northside Drive a couple of times before coming to a cross-over behind LaGrave field.

DJ

DJ,
Thanks.  This is exactly the information I need to follow the right trail.

Rod,
We decided to go at the last minute, when I decided that going biking (triking) was better than watching Cycling Sundays on Versus.  We will try to plan a little more in advance and let you know.

Richard

Work to eat, eat to live, live to bike, bike to work.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print