Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 27th, 2024, 7:29pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wood Hollow @360 to Mercado Juraez Rest. (Read 633 times)
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Wood Hollow @360 to Mercado Juraez Rest.
Jun 1st, 2008, 7:37pm

Or we could call it the Carolyn Roberson Memorial ride because we talked a lot about Carolyn and her broken ankle.  
quotes urbanrider" this was a good training ride for Dianna and Dean Joe and I got in some good training as well WE started out form the Apartment and rode to River legacy Park and on through to Village Creek went out on East Chase and turned on Meadowbrook Rd and on into Fort Worth to Beach. We got on the trinity river trail there and we went a few miles and found a resturant to eat at and headed back we got a little turned around and was unfamiler were we were but with a little help from a guy named mark he pointed us in the right direction and made our way home and it got hot but it was good to get home lets do it again"
quote jman"I take blame for not having a better map for the return trip. When Dean suggested we follow the Trinity Trail until it emmerged onto Randol Mill I thought hmm sounds good to me. well we did get in a few extra miles and saw a lot more than the original "double back " route would have provided. I enjoyed the view and company. We were treated friendly by all the traffic for a change and saw a lot of cool old neighborhood homes. The Mercado Juraez Rest. was a great place to stop and fill up for the return trip home. It was getting pretty hot by the time we cruised back through river Legacy and the shade in the park was very welcome by all.
On ride injuries, I am happy to report that I only need two today Smiley large of course. Never attempt to answer a cell phone as you start up a steep asphalt paved hill like Meadowbrook Road Smiley especially if you forget to downshift before you attempt to start riding again Smiley One of these days that right elbow is going to get a chance to completly heal Smiley You know, it's hard to be coordinated when your left handed Smiley  But at least I am consistant and only land on the same elbow. If I stayed home to avoid being scratched up a little, I would have quit riding when I was 5 years old Smiley"

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Wood Hollow @360 to Mercado Juraez Rest.
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2008, 2:02am

How dare you guys ride right by my house and not stop and say hello!  Nice ride!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2008, 8:50am

Quote from aikigreg on Jun 2nd, 2008, 2:02am:
How dare you guys ride right by my house and not stop and say hello! Nice ride!

Sorry about that Smiley  I was in favor of dropping in but not sure exactly where you live there. Dean mentioned we should drop in on you but the Tex Mex was calling my tummy. Send me your address and next time I do a route Q sheet we will put your frig uh house on the route Smiley

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #3 - Jun 2nd, 2008, 9:47am

I was likely gone when you rolled in anyway, but next time you guys plan that ride Give me a shout and I'll tag along.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #4 - Jun 3rd, 2008, 1:14pm

Quote from aikigreg on Jun 2nd, 2008, 2:02am:
How dare you guys ride right by my house and not stop and say hello!  Nice ride!

I must apologise too I knew we were going by your house but we were on a tight schedual and didn't get the word out on this ride so next time we will let you know or we can plan another ride towards in the future before you move further away into fortworth or even still we could ride to your new home  will the Trinity trail be any were near your new house???  

Eddie

Easy Racer Tour Easy got to love it
  IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #5 - Jun 3rd, 2008, 2:58pm

Yeah, we're moving into an apartment actually - the nice set of luxury apartments almost at the end of the TT that has a private access directly onto the trail.  Sweet!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print