Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 27th, 2024, 7:27pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bent rider sighted on Sat Distance Builders 5/24! (Read 400 times)
Brian Lewis

rbent member

Bent rider sighted on Sat Distance Builders 5/24!
May 24th, 2008, 6:57pm

Hahaha..  Well sorry I didn't see you guys on the Eastside ride.  As some of you probably know I was threatening to jump to the Distance Builders for a faster pace, I took the leap today and infultrated the DB2 group with my Cruzbike Silvio.  As I am sure you would imagine I was the only bent, but I stayed either at the very front or towards the front of the DB2 pack to make sure those uprights know that a bent can keep up with them.
I'll be on the DB2 right for awhile before moving up to DB1 if anyone wants to join me.  Actually the uprights were very courteous, I got no nasty remarks, no evil stares, no blocking me from merging in front.  I also had two comment that they were surprised to be able to draft behind me and they get a great view of the road since they can see over my head.  Can't say I was able to get anyone to consider the dark side this time around, but my evil plan will take more time than one group ride.
My speed sensor is having issues but we did a 41 mile route to Wylie and back today, the ride back in on Renner/Independence was a pretty good pace, but have no idea what the avg speed was.

« Last Edit: May 24th, 2008, 6:59pm by Brian Lewis »  

Brian Lewis
Allen, TX
Email WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Bent rider sighted on Sat Distance Builders 5/
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2008, 5:12pm

WTG, Brian...   I may join you eventually, but I KNOW they won't be able to draft me very well....  Wink

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Bent rider sighted on Sat Distance Builders 5/
Reply #2 - May 27th, 2008, 6:29pm

Can't wait to meet up with you and try out that crazy bike, man!  Wait till a few more months have passed - you'll be cooking on that thing!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print