Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 27th, 2024, 9:19pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Reverse Sadowski March of Attrition (Read 488 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reverse Sadowski March of Attrition
May 19th, 2008, 3:23pm

'Twas a very nice, albeit warm and breezy, Sunday afternoon...  Eight of us started out at the Bath house -- Terry P, Peggy, Terrie P-B, PB, Steve, Mark Allen, Robert, and Rich :

We split up into fast and casual groups, with the fast group doing two laps around WRL, and the casual doing 3/4 lap then heading up the WRTrail.  

Opus joined us going up the trail to make it 9, then Terrie dropped off at the Tennis Center while the rest of us went on, making it 8 again.  

The fast group had also lost a couple to attrition - two laps around WRL was enough for Robert, and he had to get home --  and Terry P dropped off when we met Mark Leuck coming south on the trail, so we were down to 6.

Opus and Rich went ahead up the climb to Meandering while I waited for the faster group to catch up...  so six of us went up Meandering, and then Mark Allen pulled off, leaving five.  

We got to the top of Meandering, and decided to turn around, since Terrie was waiting for me back at the lake area -- but Opus needed to go on to RBM, so the four left (Stradas, me, and Rich) turned around and headed back.  Thus, we never even hooked up with the Ride's namesake at RBM...   embarrassed

That climb up Meandering Way is a tough few miles, pure and simple, especially into a headwind.  The return trip was as planned -- significantly faster, being both downhill and with a tailwind!  

We had to dodge small children in the soccer field areas, since entire families come out there for entertainment...  but no hood ornaments were created...

Terrie had started riding back from the Tennis center when we did our turnaround, so we got back to the bath house shortly after she did, with either 16, 32, or 52 miles, depending upon which group you started out with.  Rich decided to head on home, so The Stradas and the Stratus-Variouses  Cheesy went out for margaritas and mezkin food at El Fenix, afterwards...  Yum!   Roll Eyes  (No photos of Margarita Madness)    Wink

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
richardr

rbent member

Re: Reverse Sadowski March of Attrition
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2008, 9:58pm

I had a great time on the ride.   Smiley  Thank you Paul for making it happen!  I met and rode with Terrie, Opus, and Steve and Peggy Strada Wink.  It was great to be able to ride, talk and get to know them.  I was one of the slow ones who only went 3/4 of the way around the lake before riding up north.  

I must say, I was impressed by Paul, when he showed a lady in an SUV how fast a recumbent can be ridden, by riding at 34 mph for several blocks while she drove along side to check his speed.

Since I also went on the Eastside ride, Saturday morning, I had was a great riding weekend!!

Richard Reed

Work to eat, eat to live, live to bike, bike to work.
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Reverse Sadowski March of Attrition
Reply #2 - May 21st, 2008, 11:07pm

Quote from richardr on May 21st, 2008, 9:58pm:
... by riding at 34 mph for several blocks while she drove along side...

Ya just gotta know how to pick your spots, Rich -- that was the downhill section of Meandering Way, with a tailwind...    Wink

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print