Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 27th, 2024, 9:20pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MS 150(Frisco-Ft.Worth) (Read 1263 times)
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

MS 150(Frisco-Ft.Worth)
May 4th, 2008, 10:43pm

I'll be brief as I'm exhausted from 2 very early mornings(and late night team parties) & 160 miles of riding in 2 days(Frisco to Ft.Worth). All I can say is that it was one of the most rewarding experiences I have had in the short time I've been riding.  

I'll give further ride details later. Thanks to Foo-rider(for getting Peggy & I onto a fantastic team & group of people) & Turtle for ALL of the volunteer work & other behind-the-scenes stuff for this event. Team Wheeler Dealers kicked arse. Foo rode strong. Congrats Mikey!

I would highly recommend riding in next years MS 150. First class event all the way(SAG ,rest stops ,Lunch ,dinners ,medical ,etc...).  

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Re: MS 150(Frisco-Ft.Worth)
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2008, 6:38am

Way to go Peggy and Steve.  You both trained hard for a long time.  We're all very proud of you.

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #2 - May 5th, 2008, 9:55am

Quote from bikerteam on May 5th, 2008, 6:38am:
Way to go Peggy and Steve. You both trained hard for a long time. We're all very proud of you.

Ray ,thanks for the kind words.  

The start Saturday morning was cold(very windy). Foo was so cold I thought he was going to shiver right off his Corsa. I didn't warm up until around the lunch stop(Sanger ). Prior to that ,I would get hot while riding ,then when I did stop at a rest stop ,I would FREEZE(thanks to our friend the wind). Getting hot/cold was tough on the old muscles. Traffic control was excellent throughout.

Day #1 was fairly flat(with some rollers here & there). Day#1-82.65 miles . It was fun to ride the service road of the N.Dallas tollway & 380(without fear of getting run over). North to Aubrey ,west  across Ray Roberts dam,onto to Sanger. South to TMS(Hwy 156) from Krum ,Ponder to Justin & then a very enthusiastic welcome at TMS.

Day#2-74.40. I skipped taking a lap around TMS. I wanted to get a jump on the route & as many riders as I could. I'll do a lap at TMS for during Cross Timbers.

Heading north from TMS to Decatur(FM 407 is a beat down with NASTY chip/seal). FM 2264 wasn't much better. Lunch in Decatur ,then south thru Boyd ,Rhome ,THEN the hills started as we rode around Eagle mountain Lake.

The finish at Sundance Square was really unbelievable. Crowds were lined up at the finish cheering all the riders to the finish. The city of Ft.Worth & several restaurant vendors made the cyclists feel top notch. Our team finished together. The team captain's wife has MS ,seeing her at the finish with tears in her eyes as we finished was a very ,very special moment. This lady has more courage in her than I will ever have.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
DallasBikr

rbent member

Reply #3 - May 5th, 2008, 10:58am

Quote from Strada177 on May 5th, 2008, 9:55am:
The team captain's wife has MS ,seeing her at the finish with tears in her eyes as we finished was a very ,very special moment. This lady has more courage in her than I will ever have.

Gerry is the reason I go back each year, when I look at my "rides to do" calendar Smiley

Glad you were all standing right there when I finished...nice to see each of you.

DB

WWW DallasBikr   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #4 - May 5th, 2008, 11:15am

Love you guys!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #5 - May 5th, 2008, 11:39am

Gerry & Bob K are VERY special people. Peggy & I feel blessed to have been included in their lives.  Kevin ,it was nice to see you as well(we'll see each other this weekend). Team Wheeler Dealers has made a special impact on our lives.

Greg ,I can't tell you how much Peggy & I appreciate your words. Thank you.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
FooRider

baccheater   '06
Corsa

Reply #6 - May 6th, 2008, 9:54pm

Steve has very nicely summed up my impressions of this year's Sam's Club MS 150, so I won't take up space here. However, if you're interested in my unabridged account, you'll find it here.

P.S. - Peggy's my hero.

« Last Edit: May 7th, 2008, 6:21am by FooRider »  

Lie Back. Ride hard. Grin like a monkey.
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #7 - May 6th, 2008, 9:56pm

Quote from FooRider on May 6th, 2008, 9:54pm:
Steve has very concisely summed up my impressions of this year's Sam's Club MS 150, so I won't take up space here. However, if you're interested in the unabridged account, you'll find it here.

Mikey ,I like your version BETTER!

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print