Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 27th, 2024, 9:22pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
GP2CLE (and back again - a Hobbit's tale) (Read 6583 times)
Bud_Bent

Re: GP2CLE (and back again - a Hobbit's tale)
Reply #15 - Apr 15th, 2008, 12:01pm

Quote from Strada177 on Apr 15th, 2008, 11:28am:
Bud(Eagle eyes) ,if you noticed EV-Blazers brace ,I hope you noticed Greg & I chocking down a "Bud" in your honor? For a beer snobs such as Greg & myself ,that was the ultimate sacrifice(OK, it wasn't horrible ,but I've had a lot better beers).

I wonder if RUSA would approve(drinking & riding)? What happens on a ride ,stays on a ride!

I did see that beer photo. Well done, y'all! Were they handing out Killer Bee jerseys at the beginning of the ride?

« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2008, 12:03pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #16 - Apr 15th, 2008, 12:16pm

You mean the 3 Stooges?!! Control #3 was handing out Bacchetta jersey's only if you agreed to drink a tall boy.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #17 - Apr 15th, 2008, 4:06pm

Seeing all these B jerseys is getting frustrating.....   Wink

Say, if we formed a TTTT race team with a RANS, a Bacchetta, and Greg's M5, we could be.....

"Team RBM"...   (or NOT)   Cheesy

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #18 - Apr 15th, 2008, 8:19pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Apr 15th, 2008, 4:06pm:
Seeing all these B jerseys is getting frustrating..... Wink

Say, if we formed a TTTT race team with a RANS, a Bacchetta, and Greg's M5, we could be.....

"Team RBM"... (or NOT) Cheesy

Paul ,I was talking with Ray/Nelson during the permanent ,the TTTT's for '08 does NOT look good. Ray/Nelson could give you more details.  I would not expect to see this event happen unless some changes quickly. Very sad news indeed.

The Killer "B's" are spreading like a virus.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #19 - Apr 16th, 2008, 6:52am

Unless a sponsor is willing to donate thousands of dollars, it's doubtful there will be a 2008 TTTT.  Dan is in the process (as of last week) of contacting the New Hope church to ensure availability the last weekend in September.  He is also reaching out to sponsors.  Once he has that baseline model developed, he'll be in a better position to determine if 2008 TTTT will be a reality.

Back to the GP2CLE event....

I didn't see any mention in this post that every short wheel based Bacchetta was represented at this event.  In early 2006, I was the only bent.  I then recruited Nelson and in '07 we brought in even more bents to Randonneuring.  Awesome, isn't it!
   Giro 26
   Strada  
   Corsa
   Titanium Aero
   Carbon Aero

Like everyone else, I'm honored that Mark finished his first 200k even though that wasn't his original intention.  Great job Mark

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #20 - Apr 16th, 2008, 9:40am

I hadn't thought about that, Ray - interesting observation!  I shared the beer photo with the Bacchetta forum - I hope you don't mind, Nelson, but it was too great to pass up with the 3 B jerseys flying!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #21 - Apr 16th, 2008, 10:50am

Share all you want!  I'm sorry I'm not a better photographer or I'd had you guys get out of the direct sun!

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #22 - Apr 21st, 2008, 2:51pm

Hi Guys,

sorry for a public post but this seems the best way to get in touch with the affected riders quickest.
It seems that due to a misunderstanding on my part with Bill Fox, the owner of the GP2CLE route that Greg's, Steve's, Peggy's and Mark's ride results a not being validated.  I was operating under the method with which I'm familiar (that a waiver signed the morning off was sufficient) but it seems that Bill requires a hard copy of the waiver from all participants prior to allowing you to ride on one of his routes.  Here in lies the problem.  Bill refused to validate the ride, but he did copy the permanents coordinator Edward Robinson on the email notification to me of this fact, and myself and Ray have been in discussion with him about the situation.  It seems however that without a formal appeal by you the riders affected that Edward cannot make a decision.  So I was trying to sheild you guys from this, but I now need you if you so desire to write an email to Edward regarding your desire for an appeal.

Here is a copy of the last email from Edward which contains his contact information:

Gentlemen -

First, thank you for your courtesy as we have been discussing the results of this ride.  I know each of you have serious concerns regarding the results validation.

At this point, however, any decision concerning the results would be premature because I have not received a notice of appeal from any rider whose validation was declined by Bill.  It is not clear to me whether those riders even have been informed that their results were rejected.

Between Bill and Nelson I have the following contact information (only) regarding the remaining riders:

Peggy Petty - RUSA #4613
Steve Petty - RUSA #4612 nfwgonzo@yahoo.com
Mark Hastings - No RUSA number
Greg Gross - RUSA #4557, aikigreg@hotmail.com

That alone is of concern to me, as there should be an entry form for each rider with the appropriate contact information.

Bill, Nelson -- I located additional contact information for Peggy and Steve Petty, and for Greg Gross, in RUSA's membership records, but of course none is yet available for Mark Hastings (a new applicant).  I am going to ask that one or the other of you please contact these four riders to let them know the outcome of the ride, and that they have the option of appealing the result.  Please decide between the two of you who will take care of this.  If the affected riders would like to appeal, they should do so in writing -- an e-mail to me is fine.  Having contacted them, please confirm to me that they were notified, and when.

Greg Gross:        817-492-9438
Steve Petty:        972-335-5730
Peggy Petty:      972-335-5730, mrsstrada@yahoo.com

Unless I receive a notice of appeal from one of the riders whose results were declined, I will have to consider this closed.

In the meantime, I will get back to you, Ray, regarding your question about waivers, and to you, Nelson, regarding your routes.

Regards,

- Edward

Edward Robinson
Permanents Coordinator
Randonneurs USA
rusapermanents@gmail.com

Explore RUSA Permanents

My apologies on all this,  I seriously doubt I'll be hosting anymore rides, as this is sucking the joy out of riding my bike in a big way.

Take Care,
Nelson.

« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2008, 2:53pm by Kwijybow »  

Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #23 - Apr 21st, 2008, 3:10pm

Oh ,I'll write an e-mail. I would love to tell Bill Fox to ride his route & see how lousy the roads are on this route. Nelson, I'm sorry this has fallen on your shoulders. I love randonnuering ,but some of the RUSA folks take themselves way too serious. It's cycling  ,not sub-atomic physics. It ain't that difficult.

The waiver procedure should be uniform from route owner to route owner.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #24 - Apr 21st, 2008, 3:41pm

What should I tell Bill, other than that "i appeal!"?  I mean, we have receipt to prove we rode the sucker, as well as photo documentation outside of some of the controls.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
evblazer
Five Star Member

Restricted from
Riding Long Distance
or Hills

Reply #25 - Apr 21st, 2008, 3:44pm

Bill? I thought that we needed to contact Edward.
If I reading this correctly the problem was since they didnt' already have a hard copy of our signature on a liability form before we started we weren't allowed to ride so we may have riddin the roads but we didn't ride the permanent?

« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2008, 3:45pm by evblazer »  

Mark Hastings
Hurricane & Oregon - Need to lose weight to ride, I hate my new meds Sad
Merlin Road - Short distance speed bike
Fuji Touring Xtracycle Shopping Hauler Bike
  IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #26 - Apr 21st, 2008, 3:46pm

Actually I really don't recommend talking with Bill at all, I'd just email Edward and let him know you would in fact like to appeal for your result to be validated.  By the way I did let Bill know that the roads were seriously deteriorated from the gas well traffic.

Take Care,
Nelson.

Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #27 - Apr 21st, 2008, 3:49pm

I just sent a general e-mail to Edward Robinson. I just asked for him to reconsider & validate the permanent for the riders. I love riding with Nelson & Ray(& you too Greg) ,but as someone who is new to randonnuering ,Nelson/ Ray's experience & general knowledge are invaluable.  

If they aren't leading permanents , Peggy & I probably won't be riding permanents either.  

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #28 - Apr 21st, 2008, 3:52pm

Hi Steve,

Ray brought up the issue of waiver uniformity with Edward, and so hopefully this will help codify that so that this kind of thing will not happen to someone else.  I can attest for a fact that it will not happen to me again, as this is about the last straw with me and RUSA legalism, I ride my bike for fun and recreation when not riding for transportation purposes.  I just wish it had only affected me, and not you folks.  For that I sincerely apologize.

Take Care,
Nelson.

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #29 - Apr 21st, 2008, 4:05pm

done.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print