Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 27th, 2024, 5:16pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I ate Greg's dust today (Read 374 times)
Rawhide

rbent member

I ate Greg's dust today
Mar 15th, 2008, 2:49pm

Well, here I am, working on another Saturday!  Took time out about 12:45 to get a few miles in while it was still nice.  Got out on the Trinity Trail by work and the old legs just didn't feel like they had much today.  I got around by the Colonial and about a mile ahead I could make out a swb bent and df'r, going the same direction, just flying.  I tried to ramp it up to catch them and gained nothing.  Could only stay even with them.  In my mind I thought it might have been Greg 'cause they were scooting along pretty good.  Normally I catch most everybody out there eventually.  Which I did, at the rest area by the crossover and 183, only because he had stopped.  We had a nice little chat, then I had to head on back to the office for more fun, while Greg was gonna put on another30 miles or so.      

D J Boyd
Bacchetta Carbon Corsa
Bacchetta Corsa
Rans Rocket GL63
Vision R40
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: I ate Greg's dust today
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2008, 9:41pm

I don't know about that.  My legs were jelly after chasing down and overtaking that roadie.  Man I need to get back into shape and into clipless shoes.
I ended up with 55 miles on the money, which was about all I could handle.  The wind and the sprint had robbed me of a whole lot of power.  And the sun - I had no idea how strong it was for such a cool day.  I am FRIED.  I'll have to be more careful tomorrow.  I hope to get in a couple hundred miles at least this week - more if I can, since I want to be ready for the 200k on the 29th.

Had my first flat on the aero today.  I was going over a pretty crappy gravel patch and then I felt the rear wheel get mushy.  I found no hole at all, so it musta been a snakebite from a rock, but it was such a tiny little hle in the tube.   Ah well, didn't take too long to fix (for me - I'm absurdly slow at repair).

But at least my miles are coming along.  I expect I'll be back to flat century strength by the end of the week.  I hope, anyway!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print