Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 29th, 2024, 1:32am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Windy Sunday riding (Read 286 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Windy Sunday riding
Mar 2nd, 2008, 8:02pm

The weather forecasts kept saying that rain wasn't coming in till later in the day, so I took the chance and rode in from home to the Sunday morning GDB "Explore Dallas" ride.  The south winds weren't too much of a problem, since most of my solo riding was east-west.

We wound our way south, heading towards downtown, in the typical organized GDB fashion   Cheesy

Along the way, we stopped at a Starbucks... and encountered Girl Scouts...  That's "Long Distance Todd" on the right, who won the solo 200 mile race at the Texas Time Trials...

What's extra good about riding a recumbent?  Extra STORAGE!!!

We went downtown, stopping at the Meyerson and the Dallas Opera House construction

We went across Swiss Avenue to it's end, then I split off from the group, since they were turning around to head back to Preston/Royal.  I headed down to the Lakewood area, to take Gaston over to WRL.  Along the way, I saw one of those radar detector speed indicators ahead on a slight downhill, and decided to go for it...  Not bad, eh?   Cheesy

I went up the east side of WRL with a 20 mph tailwind  Smiley, then up the trail, where I encountered this guy on a handcycle

I continued on back to home, then got stepson Brian to ride with me up to the local burger joint for lunch, giving me 100K for the day, 62.3 miles..... only my 2nd metric of the year, and NO RAIN!!!!!   Smiley Tongue

« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2008, 8:11pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print