Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 11:19pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
success is on the horizon! (Read 806 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

success is on the horizon!
Mar 1st, 2008, 6:18pm

Had a nice 30 mile ride into the nasty afternoon wind.Finished with about a 17.5mph average, pulled a roadie into the wind at 20mph until he ran out of gas, and didn't start hurting until the end.  My butt hurts a bit to from lack of use on the bike dangit.  Think I coulda rode with clipless today, but the sandal doesn't want to clip in until I shave some rubber off.

Also saw a guy on a ti-aero, but he didn't stop to chat, just said nice bike while he breezed by me while I was sitting on a bench eatin a banana.

« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2008, 6:19pm by aikigreg »  

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
bent_eagle

Recumbents Rock!

Re: success is on the horizon!
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2008, 1:45pm

Glad to hear you're riding again, Greg.  Interesting about the guy on the Ti Aero. Is it just me, or does it seem like there are more and more Bacchettas around here these days?

Oh, and it wasn't me on the Aero.  I was up in Flower Mound riding with my wife and a friend of hers.  Those two nuts are training for a triathalon, and they went swimming in Grapevine Lake before we rode.  When they got out of the cold water, they were so blue they looked like a couple of Smurfs.

You tri people are tougher than me.  I still say there must be something wrong with a sport if you have to use IVs to recover.  I'll just stick to biking.

Steve W
Bacchetta Ti Aero
  IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2008, 6:37pm

Smiley   Steve you need to come riding with me soon - it's been too long.

As soon as I get up to speed, I'd like to have another BBQ Ride at my place - maybe next month.  

Terry and his ladyfriend Bobbi came to my place today and we got in 33 miles before the storm hit.  It was a great ride but now I must go have Chinese food.  Energy level = 0.

Stil, I managed a few 30mph sprints with a mild headwind, so it's coming back slowly but surely.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
bent_eagle

Recumbents Rock!

Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2008, 8:37pm

Quote from aikigreg on Mar 2nd, 2008, 6:37pm:
Smiley   Steve you need to come riding with me soon - it's been too long.

As soon as I get up to speed, I'd like to have another BBQ Ride at my place - maybe next month.  

Sounds great!  I'm off every Saturday and Sunday in March, but will be gone to my wife's tri the last weekend.  Don't know my April schedule yet.

I've ridden lately with Robert and Charlie up in our area, and between us, you, and the other Rbenters, we could have quite an impressive line of Bacchettas!

« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2008, 8:39pm by bent_eagle »  

Steve W
Bacchetta Ti Aero
  IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2008, 6:28am

Greg, nice to see you coming back.  At least you chose the right time of the year for surgery.  

It wasn't me on the Ti Aero either.  I spent the weekend with my wife and didn't get in any cycling.  

How many other Ti Aeros are there in the DFW area?  The only other one I've met is a guy named David Forehand. I met David on the Mesquite Rodeo ride in '06, and haven't seen him since.

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print