Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 15th, 2024, 6:53pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
possibly a new bike (Read 741 times)
Urbinrider

rbent member

possibly a new bike
Jan 14th, 2008, 10:16pm

hello group I am considering buying a new Bacchetta Bellandare  It is a new addition to the Bacchetta family it is similar to the Rans LE this has a 68in wheel base and the seat hight is 21.5 min range this bike feels good for me.  there are so many different kinds of bike it is hard to try them all but I do know that I should ride a bike with a low BB LWB recumbent I was concidering a EZ Sport but the seat is 25" hight and the top bar is a little harder for me to get over I touch the ground much better on the Bellandare.  need your thoughts look forward to riding with everyone.  here is a link  
http://www.bacchettabikes.com/recumbents/bikes/bellandare.htm  

Easy Racer Tour Easy got to love it
T W Bents Artifis
  IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: possibly a new bike
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2008, 12:21am

What about a javelin?  Either way, I'll be interested to try it out myself, if I see it in a shop one day.  I've never ridden a lwb.

Speaking of new bikes, I've got a loaner hand-cycle coming in the next couple days.  Who's up for a quick spin down the trinity this Saturday or Sunday?  If Sunday, I know a great vietnamese place to grub at afterwards nearby.

« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2008, 7:26am by aikigreg »  

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2008, 12:53am

Looking at the Bellandare geometry, it looks just like a Stratus. It ought to be a stable, great riding bike.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2008, 9:06am

I too like the looks of the Bellandare, but I understand they are a bit hard to come by.  I can attest to the comfort and stability of the Stratus, a great bike and Rose is now riding my old one.  Currently have a Tour Easy that I got a great deal on, and I can pretty track stand with it its so stable.  You have to search long and hard to find a more comfortable bike than a LWB.  The long wheelbase is great for accomodating a load as well.  My Mon/Fri commute load with laptop and etc. is barely noticable on my LWB, it takes a lot more work to get it on any of my other bikes. On the down side they can be difficult to transport.  I have short legs and these bikes are extremely easy for me to ride, the learning curve on the Corsa was quite a bit higher.

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2008, 2:08pm

Quote from aikigreg on Jan 15th, 2008, 12:21am:

Speaking of new bikes, I've got a loaner hand-cycle coming in the next couple days.  Who's up for a quick spin down the trinity this Saturday or Sunday?  If Sunday, I know a great vietnamese place to grub at afterwards nearby.

So you and Bill were able to work it out?  Cool...   Smiley

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2008, 2:09pm

Plano Cycling had a Bellandare on the rack a couple weeks ago -- I don't know if it's still there or not, give 'em a call....

PB

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Jan 16th, 2008, 12:49pm

I have been looking at the Bellandare and it looks like the ride should be a scosh better than the Stratus. The Stratus has chainstsys running from the bottom bracket to the rear wheel along with the "seat tube" and "seat stays" (RANS quotes and terminology, not mine), where the Bachetta bike lacks the tringulation of the chainstays but has the other tubes in almost the same place as the Stratus, which would allow for a significant amount of additional flex.

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Jan 16th, 2008, 12:58pm

Nice looking setup on the bent. Reminds me a little of the Burley I had a few years back, but lighter and better componets. Hope you find a bent you will enjoy. I am now just getting very comfortable on my R40,
it's a lot more comfy than I had expected. I noticed the 30 39 52T, they should enable you to climb well and the 52 will put you up with the lead bents on rides.
Good luck .

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print