Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Jun 18th, 2024, 7:00am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Aubrey to Era (Read 861 times)
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Aubrey to Era
Dec 21st, 2007, 8:48pm

Left from Aubrey with Ray for Era via some routes we wanted to look at for permanents.  

basic route was 428 -> 2351 -> Running Bear -> 455 -> 2450 -> Gregory Rd -> 365 -> 51  and back.

Sanger was very busy on the way out, as we were coming through at rush hour. FM-2450 going north to Gregory Rd, and 365 were very nice though. And the Bolivar grocery was a great find, it will work well as a control.  Nothing in Era though, except a Post Office.  The wind picked up coming back and we had a pretty good headwind.  Ray and I were both glad this was only 100K, not 200.  Still haven't heard back about my first route submitted, so waiting until its approved to submit the next one.  

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Aubrey to Era
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2007, 10:36pm

Running Bear is my turn around point on 2351 when I take a walk from my daughter's house when I'm dog sitting the grandchildren Grin My grandkids have four legs and fur, but at least they don't chase bicycles.

Opus

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
DallasBikr

rbent member

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2007, 6:58pm

I was on Running Bear and 2351 twice this week....2351 can be a tad dangerous since there are dump trucks on it a LOT these days, and no shoulder.

Where in Aubrey did you start?

WWW DallasBikr   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2007, 10:37pm

Hi Kevin,

we started at the Exxon station there at 428 and 377.  2351 was quite nice actually, FM-455 going into and out of Sanger was fairly unpleasant due to the traffic at 8:30.  It was better coming back.  I'm planning on using the Exxon as a control, and there is some parking around it (in front of the car wash, etc) but is there a better place that a group of folks could park and not cause problems for the businesses, seems on the weekend the school lot might be OK.  How far is that from your house?

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
DallasBikr

rbent member

Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2007, 9:22pm

You could probably use the Intermediate school on 428 that we run the TT from, or the church next door.  Or First Baptist of Aubrey on 428 and Main.  Or the High School.

All of them were happy to allow us parking at no charge so long as there was no alcohol and messes were cleaned up.

I used to know the owners of the Exxon, but they sold a couple of years ago.  Scribner Realty in the same center is owned by friends...limited parking.

Maybe even Slay Funeral home (ironic name, eh?)...unless they have a funeral that day.

Best bet is probably the Intermediate school

WWW DallasBikr   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print