Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 29th, 2024, 3:10am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
RBent Holiday Party (Read 2121 times)
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

RBent Holiday Party
Nov 25th, 2007, 1:05pm

Is there any interest in a holiday RBENT party(for both riders & spouses)? Peggy & I were thinking of Dec 9th(Sunday) at 7:00pm at Big Buck restaurant/brewery -Grapevine Mills.  Peggy has contacted Big Buck,they are willing to split tabs,accommodate any size party. The prices in the menu varies from $8.95(burgers/sandwiches) to steak/fish entrees $15 & up.  

Let me know if there is interest so we can co-ordinate dates/times,number of people with Big Buck.  

Here's Big Buck's website address: http://www.bigbuck.com/Old%20website%20pages/TX%20Home%20Page.htm

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: RBent Holiday Party
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2007, 2:31pm

Sounds like fun, but the Lone Star Randonneurs Christmas party is December 9th, 5:00 pm, at the Oasis. Do we have rbent folks going to that?

« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2007, 2:33pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pedalin` Peggy

rbent member

Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2007, 2:55pm

Thanks for the heads up on the Lone Star Randonnerurs party. We could shoot for the same time same place on Sunday December16. Would this work better for most people?????  Peggy

'07 Strada
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #3 - Nov 25th, 2007, 3:24pm

Looking at the ol' Social Calendar, it appears that the evening of Friday Dec 7th or Saturday Dec 8th is the only Fri/Sat/Sun between now and Xmas that Terrie and I have free of previous committents...  (and I can't make the LSR party)   December's gonna be RIDICULOUS....

So if some other time gels together, we'll have to express our regrets...

« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2007, 3:38pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Nov 25th, 2007, 4:03pm

Dec 9th or 16th is fine with me and the location is central.  Love that.

IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #5 - Nov 25th, 2007, 9:11pm

Pretty much any time picked will conflict with something else going on. There are just so many Christmas parties in December. I just wondered if we had rbenters going to the LSR party.  Nelson? Ray?

How about some more folks weighing in on when will work for them for an rbent get together.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #6 - Nov 25th, 2007, 9:56pm

Quote from Bud_Bent on Nov 25th, 2007, 9:11pm:
Pretty much any time picked will conflict with something else going on. There are just so many Christmas parties in December. I just wondered if we had rbenters going to the LSR party. Nelson? Ray?

How about some more folks weighing in on when will work for them for an rbent get together.

I understand,how ever,there are several people in RBENT that aren't members of LSR(and honestly,Peggy & I have one ride with LSR-I would feel kinda out of place going to the LSR Christmas party). I was thinking of a way for the just the 'bent group to get together.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #7 - Nov 25th, 2007, 10:06pm

Quote from Strada177 on Nov 25th, 2007, 9:56pm:

I understand,how ever,there are several people in RBENT that aren't members of LSR(and honestly,Peggy & I have one ride with LSR-I would feel kinda out of place going to the LSR Christmas party). I was thinking of a way for the just the 'bent group to get together.

Yeah, and Rose knows hardly anyone in LSR, so we probably won't go, in spite of the fact that it's five miles from home. I just thought if Ray, Nelson, or Paul were going, it would be nice to pick a time when they were free. It may be mission impossible to find a December time that works for most rbenters, anyway.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #8 - Nov 25th, 2007, 11:41pm

I'd like going to both, so let's go with dec. 16th as our paty, if that'll work.  My surgery is the 21st, so it'll be my last hurrah for a while.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #9 - Nov 26th, 2007, 7:11am

I don't think I'll be able to make the LSR party, December is very booked for me, so playing everything by ear right now.

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #10 - Nov 26th, 2007, 10:33am

I'm not doing the LSR party...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
catroad254

rbent member

Reply #11 - Nov 26th, 2007, 10:18pm

I think this is a great idea. Unfortunately, I can't make either 12/9 or 12/16. I do have 12/8 free if that becomes an option.

Ken

Email   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #12 - Nov 27th, 2007, 9:36am

I would love a little Christmas cheer but... work, school, drama, kids, concert, rehersals, party one, party two, eat, sleep, shop,  maintain sanity. Shocked December is about to pop. Wouldn't it be great to just be that 10 year old who's only concern is figuring out what's in the package under the tree?!! Or that one Christmas when I wanted (what else) a bike...and got it! Cheesy

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #13 - Nov 30th, 2007, 11:13am

Re-reading this thread, I don't see anything resembling a consensus for when to have it. I say, Steve, just have it whenever you want to. As long as it's a weekend, Rose and I should be able to make it, and would enjoy a get-together very much.

« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2007, 11:14am by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #14 - Nov 30th, 2007, 11:21am

Quote from Bud_Bent on Nov 30th, 2007, 11:13am:
Re-reading this thread, I don't see anything resembling a consensus for when to have it. I say, Steve, just have it whenever you want to. As long as it's a weekend, Rose and I should be able to make it, and would enjoy a get-together very much.

You are correct,my friend. I see no consensus either. I believe Greg & Dianna have said the 16th works for them. How about a small get together at Big Buck in Grapevine Mills at 7:00pm?

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print