Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Jun 18th, 2024, 6:49am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Plano Eastside Ride, tickets (Read 621 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Plano Eastside Ride, tickets
Nov 18th, 2007, 10:06pm

I've been taking advantage of the nice weekend weather to ride to and from club rides, to tack on extra year-end mileage...  Saturday, I rode 18 miles up to Plano to join the Eastside Ride, essentially riding up to the Sachse rest stop and doing the route backwards to get to the start next to Plano Cycling for the 9:30AM start.

Attendance was a bit low due to the Turkey Roll, but we did a 16mph or so pace out to Sachse, getting the normal split of several groups due to the traffic lights and climbs across Renner.  I was leading about 7 people, and took a slightly different route to the Sachse Allsups the last couple miles, riding single file across Campbell (or whatever it changes names to at Sachse), past the Buddhist temple.

While we were enjoying our rest stop at the Allsups, we heard from others coming in that an irate Sachse policeman had stopped several riders behind us, and was writing tickets to at least two of them for running a stop sign...   Trouble was, at least two of these riders were BRAND NEW to the ride, who were riding slower and trying to catch up to the rest of us...

I've heard that this particular ticket will cost you $200+....   cry

RBM has changed all their rides to avoid Sachse.  Me, I'm still going to ride in the area, but watch my stop signs.... cry

Meanwhile, I continued on with the fast/long group for a while more, then cut off when they turned north, and got in 50 miles for the morning, back home by noon!

« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2007, 10:07pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Re: Plano Eastside Ride, tickets
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2007, 10:09pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Nov 18th, 2007, 10:06pm:
I've been taking advantage of the nice weekend weather to ride to and from club rides, to tack on extra year-end mileage... Saturday, I rode 18 miles up to Plano to join the Eastside Ride, essentially riding up to the Sachse rest stop and doing the route backwards to get to the start next to Plano Cycling for the 9:30AM start.

Attendance was a bit low due to the Turkey Roll, but we did a 16mph or so pace out to Sachse, getting the normal split of several groups due to the traffic lights and climbs across Renner. I was leading about 7 people, and took a slightly different route to the Sachse Allsups the last couple miles, riding single file across Campbell (or whatever it changes names to at Sachse), past the Buddhist temple.

While we were enjoying our rest stop at the Allsups, we heard from others coming in that an irate Sachse policeman had stopped several riders behind us, and was writing tickets to at least two of them for running a stop sign... Trouble was, at least two of these riders were BRAND NEW to the ride, who were riding slower and trying to catch up to the rest of us...

I've heard that this particular ticket will cost you $200+.... cry

RBM has changed all their rides to avoid Sachse. Me, I'm still going to ride in the area, but watch my stop signs.... cry

Meanwhile, I continued on with the fast/long group for a while more, then cut off when they turned north, and got in 50 miles for the morning, back home by noon!

Keep pedalin' !!!

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2007, 6:48am

Good report, Paul. Police everywhere around here seem to be getting more picky about bicycles running stop signs. I'm as bad as anyone about blowing through them. We need to watch ourselves on that.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2007, 11:30am

Wow $200.00  that had to hurt. I know Opus not only stops at every sign, he actually looks both ways before he goes. Thats something we should all get in the habit of doing.

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print