Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 6th, 2024, 6:41am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LSR Italy 200K/300K Brevet, Sat Nov 17th (Read 2010 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

LSR Italy 200K/300K Brevet, Sat Nov 17th
Nov 6th, 2007, 1:36pm

I'd like to do this one, but have inescapable plans to attend a wedding that day...   undecided   But for those interested, it's an 8AM departure, from the usual Italy location.  Keep in mind that darkness now hits shortly after 5:30PM, so lights are a good thing!!!

http://lonestarrandon.tripod.com/

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Re: LSR Italy 200K/300K Brevet, Sat Nov 17th
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2007, 2:28pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Nov 6th, 2007, 1:36pm:
I'd like to do this one, but have inescapable plans to attend a wedding that day... undecided But for those interested, it's an 8AM departure, from the usual Italy location. Keep in mind that darkness now hits shortly after 5:30PM, so lights are a good thing!!!

http://lonestarrandon.tripod.com/

I always get this wrong,but if Peggy & I have already ridden this 200K once in October,does the same ride count for a 200K ride in November?  

Ray mentioned there was a 200K ride on the 17th of November.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2007, 2:58pm

Hi Steve,

rides that are actual scheduled brevets always count even if they are the same route, its the permanents that you only get credit for once a year.  I'm currently still on track to attend this one.  How's the knee Steve?  Think you might be going?

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2007, 3:36pm

Quote from Kwijybow on Nov 6th, 2007, 2:58pm:
Hi Steve,

rides that are actual scheduled brevets always count even if they are the same route, its the permanents that you only get credit for once a year. I'm currently still on track to attend this one. How's the knee Steve? Think you might be going?

Take Care,
Nelson.

Nelson,thanks. Oh yeah,I know I will be there(& Peggy too). My knee is better(I think). The biggest challenge for me right now is NOT to re-injure the knee. I'm HORRIBLE about trying things in moderation. I'm all about excess(which is why I injured myself to begin with). Thanks for asking.  

I want to ride in the dark in the worst way. That was one of the highlights of the time trials.  

Will you ride the 300K or the 200K?  

-Steve

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #4 - Nov 6th, 2007, 5:38pm

Quote from Strada177 on Nov 6th, 2007, 3:36pm:

I want to ride in the dark in the worst way. That was one of the highlights of the time trials.

-Steve

Uhh, Steve -- if you try the 300K, you WILL be riding in the dark...  I don't think your battery will last that far into the night, eh?   Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2007, 5:39pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2007, 6:50pm

I'd definitely like to ride the 300, I have an outside shot at the 5000K award if I can just get the rides in.  Right now I'm planning to be on my 650Bized Lemond.  My LEDs came in, and I have a generator hub at Trinity cycles I could pick up and use, but the time is short to actually get it built and sufficiently tested.  I most likely will be using my dual fenix flashlight setup.  The 2 together work great running on the medium setting, which is about 12+ hours between battery changes!  I would expect to need @6 hours of light Steve, you may not need all of it, but the more reserve the better.  I really like the night riding as well, absolutely my favorite part of these rides.

Take Care,
Nelson.

Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2007, 8:49pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Nov 6th, 2007, 5:38pm:
Quote from Strada177 on Nov 6th, 2007, 3:36pm:

-Steve

Uhh, Steve -- if you try the 300K, you WILL be riding in the dark... I don't think your battery will last that far into the night, eh? Roll Eyes

Let's not get too crazy. I haven't been on my bike in 2weeks, & I'm nursing a my knee along. The 200K will do me just fine. I'll have a little time to ride at night on the 200K.

My HID battery life is 3-3.5hrs(depending on the setting). I could always buy a 2nd battery. It's ONLY $119. That will have to be an expense for next year.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2007, 7:01pm

I'm very doubtful for this Brevet.  I've been traveling round the globe so much lately, it's rediculous.  I'm scheduled to be out of town through Thanksgiving.  However, I may have to be back in DFW on the 15th, as we're having layoffs, and depending on legal/HR review/approval, I may have to reduce several headcount.  

I'll know by COB Friday, so if I have to fly home on the 14th to inform the effected employees on the 15th, I'll be able to ride in Italy on the 17th.

Steve, I hope that your knee is getting stronger.  I miss not talking to, and being with you guys.

Like Nelson, I'm on track for 5000k of RUSA mileage this year.  I'm currently at about 4600, and need just two more 200k.  If I get to ride on the 17th in Italy, I plan on riding a December 1st Brevet in Austin.  It's Austin to San Marcos and back.  The Austin Brevet Admin. said that it's a pretty flat course.

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2007, 11:36pm

Quote from bikerteam on Nov 7th, 2007, 7:01pm:
I'm very doubtful for this Brevet. I've been traveling round the globe so much lately, it's rediculous. I'm scheduled to be out of town through Thanksgiving. However, I may have to be back in DFW on the 15th, as we're having layoffs, and depending on legal/HR review/approval, I may have to reduce several headcount.

I'll know by COB Friday, so if I have to fly home on the 14th to inform the effected employees on the 15th, I'll be able to ride in Italy on the 17th.

Steve, I hope that your knee is getting stronger. I miss not talking to, and being with you guys.

Like Nelson, I'm on track for 5000k of RUSA mileage this year. I'm currently at about 4600, and need just two more 200k. If I get to ride on the 17th in Italy, I plan on riding a December 1st Brevet in Austin. It's Austin to San Marcos and back. The Austin Brevet Admin. said that it's a pretty flat course.

Ray, good to hear from you. Thanks, I feel really strong mentally/physically(the few weeks off were good for me). I won't know for sure how the knee feels until I ride on Friday(the first time in 2 weeks),I'm not expecting any problems.

Austin Brevet? Ummm,that sounds interesting.  Don't work too hard.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2007, 8:40am

Looks like I'm in for the 200, anybody else going the Satuday?  I'm currently expecting to see Ray if he survives work!

that does not include you Steve, you've got to get that knee fixed.  Any more word on what's causing the pain?

Take Care,
Nelson.

Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #10 - Nov 13th, 2007, 9:53am

Nelson ,I have a MRI scheduled for today. The doc thinks the pain is coming from a torn meniscus and or inflamed IT band. I'll know more later in the week after the doc reads the results.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #11 - Nov 14th, 2007, 2:30pm

Nelson, what bike are you riding?  Are you gonig to try your new 650B?  

I'm about to try to catch a stand by flight and get home around mid night.  I have to lay off two people tomorrow, thus I must return somehow before 9am tomorrow (Thur).  

Soooo, unless I get called back out of town, I'll be there Saturday...

btw:  I had a beautiful flight this past Sunday.  Relatively short "puddle jumper" through Europe.  I saw the most vivid colors I've seen in 20 plus years.  It was like watching an IMAX film...

Anyone else planning on riding in the 200k or 300k this Saturday?

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #12 - Nov 14th, 2007, 2:42pm

Looking forward to seeing you Ray!  I'm planning on the Lemond 650b right now.  Probably only have time for the 200K, but have a small chance of doing the 300K.  If I do the 200K you think you'll be around in Decemember to do another 100K+ with me?  I was thinking of addind Lion's Den 157K one weekend to get of 5000km.  

Take Care,
Nelson.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print