Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 16th, 2024, 6:12am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where are the old-timers? (Read 722 times)
lowracer

Founding Member

Where are the old-timers?
Oct 8th, 2007, 11:07am

Howdy all...

Just saw the writeup on bentrider online about the TTTT and saw my stick figure "Rbent Dude" logo on the markerboard there, wondered whatever happened to the original rbent.org site, it seems to be dead, then I googled and found the rbent.net site and this forum.   I'm living in San Diego now and riding my Cannondale recumbent when I can.  Got a 14-month old baby who is just not ready for biking yet.  Can't find him a helmet that will fit.

Any of the other RBENT founders or old-timers on here?

-Mark

EZ-Sport AX
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: Where are the old-timers?
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2007, 11:35am

Hi Mark. A couple of years ago, when several of us noobs showed up on the yahoo group, the activity level there was pretty low. With some new and enthusiastic blood, there was a considerable revival, with most of the activity from new members. But, early this year, when spammers showed up, we discovered that neither the group owner nor the only other moderator would answer email, and we couldn't get anything out of yahoo, either. So, I finally gave up on that, and started this forum, and most members moved here.

There are still a few of the old members who post here. I'll let them stop by and say hi. Welcome to the newest incarnation of rbent. We hope you don't mind that we kept the rbent dude; we all liked him.

« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2007, 11:51am by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2007, 11:44am

Hey, Mark!  We're just sorry the R-dude didn't show up better in the group shot!!!!  Welcome to the current incarnation!

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #3 - Oct 8th, 2007, 4:34pm

Mark,

RBent Dude has covered a lot of territory since the early days. Just look what you guys & gals started!  Cheesy When I first discovered recumbents, I sought more information on the good old net and what did I find...RBENT.  Are there any current members who were there from the start?

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print