Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 1:17am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
TTTT Race update (Read 11178 times)
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Re: TTTT Race update
Reply #15 - Sep 30th, 2007, 6:13pm

Paul - great pictures - thank you.

Steve & Peggy - I know the entire LSR (Lone Star Randonneurs) gang would love for you to join in the October 20th Brevet.  You can always contact Dan Driscoll, but I believe the only requirement is that you must be a member of LSR and possible RUSA (Randonneurs USA).  You can join LSR via their web site:
http://lonestarrandon.tripod.com/
click on the "become a member" link.  Dan's address and phone number are on the membership form.

I also suggest you and Peggy join RUSA (http://www.rusa.org/).  On the left hand side of the screen, click on "Members Info" "Join/Renew".  You get a nice medal for each Brevet completed within the time limit, year end mileage awards, and others.  I just received my "R12" award, which is given to riders who complete at least one 200k for 12 consecutive months.  It's a beautiful, colorful engraved medal.

While you're on the RUSA site, under "Search For", click on "Results", and put in any of our names.  For example, under last name, key in my name "Torrey", and see my 2007 results.  

Please call me if you like to talk.  My cell number is 817-975-8638.

Paul/Bud/Nelson/Greg - Are you "Flyers" going to ride in the 10-20 Brevet?

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #16 - Sep 30th, 2007, 7:01pm

Quote from bikerteam on Sep 30th, 2007, 6:13pm:

Paul/Bud/Nelson/Greg - Are you "Flyers" going to ride in the 10-20 Brevet?

I'll let you know later. Today's answer is "I'm NEVER riding again!"

« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2007, 7:01pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
robert.j

rbent member

Reply #17 - Sep 30th, 2007, 7:38pm

Way to go guys!  Sounds like there was some fun mixed in with all the hard work.  I don't think I'll ever be in your league but it pushes me to know it's possible.

Robert Johnson
Bacchetta Corsa
Ventana Mtn Bike
Barcroft Columbia Tandem
Sun EZ1
1970ish French Roold
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #18 - Sep 30th, 2007, 8:01pm

Team Cole train deserves a lot of "kudos" for a job well done. Everyone/every team in this event is a "winner". Ray/Nelson,your team rode well,hard, & fast. You are to be congratulated as well. Your overall team ride time was very,very respectable. Congratulations to team Cole train.  

Yes,I will contact Dan Driscoll about the 10/20 Italy Brevet.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #19 - Sep 30th, 2007, 9:14pm

Quote from aikigreg on Sep 30th, 2007, 6:01pm:

F'ing recumbents it is for next year!

NO, no, no...   not "  F'ing   "    Just "Fing" -- let 'em figure it out...   Cheesy

I might do Italy again this month, not sure yet...  it was a good ride last time, with a TOUGH last 20 miles full of rollers into a north wind...

« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2007, 9:16pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
swyant
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Sep 30th, 2007, 9:17pm

Awesome job guys!

Shocked

IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #21 - Sep 30th, 2007, 9:49pm

Indeed.  It brought a tear to my eye when I found out Ray and Nelson were riding in memory of a lost friend.  

So many people ot thank for making this happen for just a 2 day race.  I can't imagine what RAAM must be like.  From the wives/girlfriends Wink who crewed and fed us, to Bud getting the campsite, to Ray for staking out our spot, to Plano cycling, to Paul for the vest to stop my chattering teeth....you name it.  Like I said, a finer group of guys I'll never meet.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #22 - Sep 30th, 2007, 10:40pm

looks like a pro photog has some great photos of Peggy:

http://www.partypics.com/ver2/EventImages.aspx?EventID=551936

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #23 - Oct 1st, 2007, 12:59pm

Fing is a good word. Copyright it. There's money in that word.

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #24 - Oct 2nd, 2007, 8:49am

This, from Odell (ORTinTexas), from the LSR group:

I finished the 500 mile solo. I was the last official finisher. I came in at 47:48. 12 minutes to spare. I started strong Thursday, then I could not sleep and got behind on hydration which made Friday a disaster.
I started the ride with a stomach virus which did not make things easy to begin with.

I had around 10.5 hours off the bike. Most of that was Friday. I took a 30 minute nap and then got on the bike with 140 miles to go and 11 hours to do it. From 7am Saturday to 5:48PM Saturday I cranked out the 140 miles. I could barely eat anything so I pushed water. Somehow, by the grace of God, my speed stayed up at a reasonable level. I finished with the previously mentioned 12 minutes to spare.  
Too much drama for me.  

The tape:
Total time: 47:48
Ride time: 37:33
500.1 miles
12th place (last finisher)
27 started the solo male 500 mile. Only 12 finished.
I have not ridden furnance creek but I am not going to knock this course. It is tough. I would like to try both for comparison.

A BIG thanks to C'Dude Keith Gates and my wife and daughter for crew support. I could not have done it with out them. I will put together some type of full report from what I remember later. A lot of it is blurry and I need to capture what I did right and what I did wrong.  

John Schlitter is incredible and a vary nice guy too. Great job Paul....!!!

Bud_Bent

Reply #25 - Oct 2nd, 2007, 6:48pm

The 2007 TTTT Preliminary Results have been posted. There are links to lots of photos on the main page, too. The time splits are available, too, as an Excel file on the results page.

« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2007, 7:32pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #26 - Oct 3rd, 2007, 10:41am

John Schlitter's Bacchetta Forum post:

John Schlitter
   I plan to post race report but still working in it.  

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Laurie and Dennis for coming up from Huston and crewing for me. You saved my neck in the nick of time.  

It was great meeting all the other recumbent flyers down there, a couple of of repeats from last year Ray and dammit I can't remember his name but what was exicting was the crew of new recumbent riders at this race. The Reclining Flyers most excellent race and gives us some thought of bringing out some team riders for the team event.    [ Uh, Oh! -- PB ]

Mrs. Strada! (Peggy Petty) what a great job pounding out those 100 miles in the wrost part of the day. I was relating to what you were going though and was feeling for you.  

Tommy Marsh!!!!!! great job Tommy. He was cooking when he went by at the start and I never saw him come off the pace. With a little better luck and proper fuel I know he would have been down in the close to a ten hour two hundred.  

Paul Carpenter and Larry Id, as always a pleasure to race wiht you guys and Paul way to put it to Larry this time.  

John Foote, thank yo and I hope you have the best ever ride in your life this weekend at the 508. If it get hot just put a big old sock full of ice on your chest and you'll be just fine out there in the desert.  

OH, you got the picture perfect there It was always a test of what state you where in during the race having to remember that damm number and calling it out. I must have been really low on oxygen on that lap.  

Thanks everyone for the kudos.  

John

FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #27 - Oct 3rd, 2007, 3:29pm

The split results are supposedly available on the tt24tt.com website homepage, but when I attempt to download the excel file, my computer tells me it is blocking a worm intrusion...   Anyone else having this problem?????

Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #28 - Oct 3rd, 2007, 4:39pm

I just got finished downloading it on my Linux machine, no problems except it was a humongous file and took forever to load.I got the 500 splits file first Excell file on the list.

Opus

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #29 - Oct 3rd, 2007, 4:53pm

Nope. I opened the excel file without any issues.  My lap times were:
Lap#1-55 min
Lap#2-58 min
Lap#3-1 hr-3min
Lap#4-1 hr-2min
Lap#5-1 hr-7min
Lap#6-1hr-9min

With better endurance training(some wieght lifting),MUCH better hydration,my lap times next year will be MUCH better. But,I gave it my all this year.  

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print