Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 21st, 2024, 6:13pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ok is OK Permanent (Read 723 times)
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Ok is OK Permanent
Aug 4th, 2007, 8:55pm

Did the Ok is Ok permanent as my final R12 ride. 18 LSR folks showed up and ended up riding a lot with Del which is always great. Did a bit too much work too early for the later heat with Clay Wilson and had to slow down to recover for awhile at the 91 mile mark. Up to that point had been averaging 18.5mph, with the preceeding 20miles being done in quite a bit less than an hour. Took another good 20 miles of going pretty slow, but finally was able to pick it up again. Definitely would have been faster with a more even effort. 9:45 overall time, which had me finish just a minute or 2 in front of the main pack, even though I didn't really ride with them except for the first 15 miles or so. Left side bottle cage broke, and rear wheel is making some ominous noises.   Thanks Paul for cursing my Velocitys. Wink  

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Ok is OK Permanent
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2007, 10:48pm

Certainly hope I didn't!  Although PCF hasn't heard any response from Velocity yet on the wheel they returned to them...

PB

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: Ok is OK Permanent
Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2007, 11:19am

Congrats on the R12, Nelson. For those who may not know what that means, Nelson has completed at least one 200k (or longer) brevet in each of the last 12 months.

I can't believe how many of the riders who rode the OK is Ok 200k, also rode the Rio Vista Rumble 200k that I rode on Sunday. In the six rider group I ended up with Sunday, I was the only one who hadn't also ridden on Saturday, in this August heat. These are some serious long distance riders.

« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2007, 1:57pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print